Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Mansfield guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Would anybody know anything about Mansfield guitar Model N-8, its quality and how much is it worth. I have an opportunity to buy one. Thanks, Frank.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Would like info on it
      Mansfield MD 375-12

Anonymous

Any info out her on a Mansfield model 699?

Anonymous

What is a Mansfield guitar model F370 worth?

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me what my Mansfield 6 string steel guitar might be worth? Model F30. It was purchased in the mid 70’s. Never spent the time practicing but hung onto it anyway.

Anonymous

Mansfield 12 string. I have no idea about this guitar. Can some help ? Thanx. Kevin

Anonymous

I have a W 45 D Mansfield 6 string. Had it since the mid 70s. I suspect it is a show late 60s early 70s model. it is a dreadnought and looks exactly like a Gibson dove. Anyone with any factual history email me. Com

Anonymous

I have a TG70. Came to me by chance. I am looking for information about it.
        Rob

Anonymous

I was looking for information about my mansfield classical guitar model TG70. My dad had this guitar in his closet for a long time.
      Tell me if you have any information.
      Tanks a lot !!

Anonymous

I know it’s been years, but I got this guitar from someone and was wondering the same, I got literally no information about the guitar and it’s seem like as if they doesn’t exist? Did you find any information about the guitar?

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me anything about this guitar. Its a model F-375, I had it personally for passing a grade in 1978. It was second hand then so i’m not sure of the exact year.

Anonymous

I recently found a Mansfield model C – 132 in a second hand store it looks really old but is in mint condition. It has an address on the case that dates it Back to a U S medical 1st LT durning the Vietnam war would be really interested in finding out its roots maybe return it to the original owner any ideas???

Anonymous

Just this morning I have bought a Mansfield 12 string crafstman made guitar. It is in very good condition and has the no. 380 Inside with the makers name. I asked the guy eho sold it how much he wanted for it and he sais $20.00 negotiable !!!! I could’nt beleive it so I offered him $15.00 and he said its yours…I also bough a kid’s guitar for $5.00…Now I know nothing about guitars so if someone can help me about how much its Worth I would appreciate it. I intend to sell it….Thanks

Anonymous

i have a mansfield F730 acoustic it looks like a wreck and i love it to bit’s
      interesting to read here about the possible history of it,
      i wouldn’t part with mine tho..it plays way too well,
      it is 1970s i believe..so may well be japanese,

Anonymous

I have a W-65 D and would like to know anything as well

Anonymous

first got a 70s mansfield hummingbird sunburst for $50, had it set up and now I play it daily, changed the worn out pick guard for a new one and changed the tuners to imitation vintage Gibson ones, on the strength of that I drove an hour and a half in the rain to pay $300 for a 70s mansfield twelve string that was supposed to be in “PERFECT” condition..well it was….the nicest warmest 12 string that I have ever played. I love these guitars

Anonymous

I have a Mansfield Acoustic Guitar Model J-76. Its old and scratched up and I don`t even remember wher I acquired it but it still sounds great. Does anyone know any more info on this model? I used it in the intro of my video “The Light”. Just follow the link below to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIfoDoFcA8s Please forward any info on the Mansfield. Thanks!

Anonymous

I have a SJ200 that I believe was built around 1974 that is in excellent shape no scraches or chips with the original case it has had a pick up installed but no hole have been cut into the body it just has a volume control in the sound hole has any one got an idea what this guitar may be worth

Anonymous

i got a mansfield model 683 it is just like the gibson hummingbird in good shape enyone now enything about it?

Anonymous

Interesting. I have a Mansfield 6 string acoustic model #684. I have had it since 1979/80. Bought it off a friend who had two of them. I agree that it is a Gibson Hummingbird copy in every detail, however, information on this guitar is pretty thin, and questionable, but it all seems to lead to Ibanez.

Anonymous

i have a mansfield guitar model no. 100 and i wanted to know how much it would be worth? its very old. its from before 1960s its in fairly good condition just needs the strings to be fixed. do you know how much its worth?

Anonymous

I need to know about a Mansfield myself. I have a really old AW 460 made in japan. that is all I know about this acoustic guitar. If any one could help me I would be grateful.

Anonymous

i have a mansfield guitar..it is blue and costs 3 000 i would sell it for 2 000. it is perfect condition. It has an autograph by jean simmons on the back of the outer cover…..Interested?

Anonymous

: Would anybody know anything about Mansfield guitar Model N-8, its quality and how much is it worth. I have an opportunity to buy one. Thanks, Frank.

Anonymous

It is very difficult to get accurate information about mansfield guitars. I have been searching about Mansfield guitars origin for quite a while and I recently found very interesting information about this guitar brand. Mansfield was a canadian musical instrument distributor (you will note that most Mansfield owners are in Canada). The Mansfield guitars are OEM made from different musical instruments manufacturers. Recently purchased Mansfield guitars have no special interest, but in the 1970’s , the Mansfield guitars were builded by Hoshino Gakki (Japan), the Ibanez makers. If you have a 1970’s Mansfield, chances are that it an Ibanez with a Mansfield name on it. The Ibanez vintage guitars are highly wanted. You can search Ibanez vintage collector websites for more information about the Ibanez story and some information about mansfield. There is no doubt that those guitars are meant to become collector’s items because they are apparently the same guitars as the Ibanez vintage 1970s, except for the brand. I will try to start a Mansfield Guitars post in one of the Ibanez collector’s website in order to have their historical value recognized, and maybe create a database of the Hoshino made Mansfield models. Meanwhile, take very good care of your old Mansfield guitars!!! I have a Mansfield FJH4 (Gibson Hummingbird copy Ibanez made) I am posting this message on all the Mansfield Guitar discussions at guitarsite.com hoping it will answer some of the questions about this brand. Bear

Anonymous

I have a mansfield acoustic guitar that is a copy of the gibson humming bird. Everything is exactly the same, bridg, keys, burst color, pick guard, even the inlays and inlay on headstock. Only thing is the name mansfield insted of gibson. The guitar has a great sound. I havent played anything yet that compares to it other then a old j45 my friend has. My father ordered the guitar at the early months of 1970. He cant remember exactly where it came from but he payed a little over $300 which was alot of money at the time. I have been looking for info on the mansfield guitars for years and have come up with very little. I have heard all the stories including the newest, that gibson made them for mansfield and just put the mansfield name on their gibson body. Up untel a few years ago I seen mansfield guitars in local stores but now they are unheard of. I hope more people speak up about their mansfields and get the history more known.

Anonymous

: Would anybody know anything about Mansfield guitar Model N-8, its quality and how much is it worth. I have an opportunity to buy one. Thanks, Frank. I do have a mansfield electric guitar myself but i have no clue how much its worth or nothing, i`ve been looking for clues but i couldnt find nothing. plz write back

Anonymous

Fabrice, i used to play a mansfield les paul copy at a guitar store back in the ’70’s. my brothers and i loved the guitar, but could not afford to buy it. i remember it being of excellent quality. i don’t know if they are a good investment type of guitar, but i don’t think you should pay much more than $300. Regards, Larry : Would anybody know anything about Mansfield guitar Model N-8, its quality and how much is it worth. I have an opportunity to buy one. Thanks, Frank.

Anonymous

I want to buy a mansfield guitar model C-117. Is there somebody who knows this model and tell me something about that ? Thanks

Anonymous

yah i have one make sure u buy a higher gauge string because it tends to rum against the fret on a lower gauge string other than that i love it its an amazing guitar!

Anonymous

I bought a Mansfield 12 string over 30 years ago. These guitars were made in Japan and were EXACT copies of Gibson hummingbird. So much so that Gibson shut them down only a few years into production. It’s only been set up once professionally and plays like a dream. I have played Ovation, epiohone and Yamaha 12 strings and the don’t even come close to the tone and resonance of this baby. The only performer I have seen playing a Mansfield is Wyonna Judd.

Anonymous

I have been searching about Mansfield guitars origin for quite a while and I recently found very interesting information about this guitar brand. Mansfield was a canadian musical instrument distributor (you will note that most Mansfield owners are in Canada). In the 1970’s , the Mansfield guitars were builded by Hoshino Gakki (Japan), the Ibanez makers. Your 12 string Mansfield Hummingbird copy is probably an Ibanez Concord 684 (or another Ibanez hummingbird 70’s model) with the name Mansfield on it. Look for Ibanez vintage collector websites and you will find that your guitar is probably an OEM Ibanez made with a "Lawsuit" headstock (if it was builded before 75). There is no way to know for sure, but if anyone owns a 30 years old mansfield, it is probably a 1970’s Ibanez made OEM. If you have an Hummingbird copy, the "lawsuit" headstock is the closest confirmation you can get about the origin of the guitar. For other models, there is no way for now to confirm the manufacturer except to trust the original owner’s date of purchase. There is no doubt that those guitars are meant to become collector’s items because they are apparently the same guitars as the Ibanez vintage 1970s, except for the brand. I will soon start a Mansfield Guitars post in one of the Ibanez collector’s website in order to have their historical value recognized, and maybe create a database of the Hoshino made Mansfield models. Meanwhile, take very good care of your old Mansfield guitars!!!

Anonymous

I have a mansfield ,thats over67 years old .have no info on it except its age,would love to know more.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.