Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Charvel Spectrum

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Can anyone help me with som information about the Charvel Spectrum (Japanese model)?
    What kind of wood : body and neck + fretboard?++++
    is it a quality guitar?
    I really want to exchange the pickups on this guitar.
    It has only space for three single coil size pickups.
    Is it worth the money to make room for a humbucker in the bridge ? Or just settle down with the original?
    Can anyone give me suggestions/recomendations about what to do, and what pickup choice will justify this kind of guitar.
    Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hey, I had one I bought in Philly, traded it in and years later bought the only one I could find, a pink one! I saw one for $549.00. The seller said that it was previously owned by someone of metal fame. My original one was: 1. Three single Jackson pickups ~ built in mid range boost 1. Increases the midrange 2. gives a faux wah sound. 3. Powered by a 9 volt battery 2. Sweep switch to activate active electronics 3. Black body (strat cut) 4. White pick guard, scratch plate 5. Maple neck (light) 6. Reverse machine head 7. Chrome tone & volume knobs 8. Five way pickup switch 9. Jackson Floyd Trem 10. OHSC

Anonymous

HI the body is a bass wood maple neck, made i believe from 89 to 91. the stock pick ups are active stacked humbuckers. a single coil sized humbucker. as far as what to put in it depends what your looking to accomplish. i have one, from what i can tell they are worth between $250 to $350. if your happy with the feel but not the sound route it out and dump a paf pro in it. if you would like to retain its highest value dont modify it. you could put hundreds of dollars in pick ups and paint and it will still only be worth 250 to 350. so its up to you.

Anonymous

: Can anyone help me with som information about the Charvel Spectrum (Japanese model)? : What kind of wood : body and neck + fretboard?++++ : is it a quality guitar? : I really want to exchange the pickups on this guitar. : It has only space for three single coil size pickups. : Is it worth the money to make room for a humbucker in the bridge ? Or just settle down with the original? : Can anyone give me suggestions/recomendations about what to do, and what pickup choice will justify this kind of guitar. : Thank you! I’ve got one and the first thing you do is get rid of the active circuit completely. Then fit a set of Rio Grande pickups, vintage tallboys in the neck and middle positions and a Muy Grande in the bridge. Trim down the locking nut so you don’t keep bashing your fingers on it and it will be a great guitar. It’s basically a well built guitar let down by the electrics. Good Luck.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.