Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics HOW TO RESTRING A FENDER STRAT???

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just bought my first electric guitar and within two hours of buying it, I broke the high E string. I have no idea how to restring it, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, I’d greatly appreciate it.
    Rock On,
    Bill

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

rocking is cool

Anonymous

Bill, here’s what you should do. Assuming you have a spare e, turn your guitar face down on your knees. You should see a white plate on the back of your guitar, with holes in it. You run your strings up here, through the bridge, to the other side of the guitar. Do so with the string. Then bring it across the fretboard, resting on the saddles, and on the nut. Then, put the string into the tuning peg, tune up, and there ya go 🙂

Anonymous

It took me an hour and a half before I discovered my problem. I had never before replaced my strings and tried many techniques, until I took a very small flathead screwdriver and taps the bulletheads loose. The strings came out very easily after this.

Anonymous

: When in doubt, find someone in your town who is a guitarist with experience…there are plenty in every town, and get their assistance. That way, you can watch them, or they can show you and see if you do it correctly.

Anonymous

i’ll take that advice! i tried to restring it and failed 🙁

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.