HOW TO RESTRING A FENDER STRAT???

Posted by Bill on Fri, 04/11/03 - 15:02:35.

I just bought my first electric guitar and within two hours of buying it, I broke the high E string. I have no idea how to restring it, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Rock On,
Bill

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: HOW TO RESTRING A FENDER STRAT???

Bill, here's what you should do.

Assuming you have a spare e, turn your guitar face down on your knees. You should see a white plate on the back of your guitar, with holes in it. You run your strings up here, through the bridge, to the other side of the guitar. Do so with the string. Then bring it across the fretboard, resting on the saddles, and on the nut. Then, put the string into the tuning peg, tune up, and there ya go :)

: When in doubt, find someone in your town who is a guitarist with experience...there are plenty in every town, and get their assistance. That way, you can watch them, or they can show you and see if you do it correctly.

i'll take that advice! i tried to restring it and failed :-(

It took me an hour and a half before I discovered my problem. I had never before replaced my strings and tried many techniques, until I took a very small flathead screwdriver and taps the bulletheads loose. The strings came out very easily after this.

rocking is cool

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.