J40 gibson

Posted by frank webb on Fri, 04/11/03 - 18:50:52.

I have a Gibson J40 flat top. I would like to have some info on it. If anyone could help.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: J40 gibson

: I have a Gibson J40 flat top. I would like to have some info on it. If anyone could help.
Here"s whats on the wesite
J 40 spruce top black pickguard(large)bound body 3 strioe rosette, laminated mahogany back/sides, mahogany neck,14/20 fret rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlay, rosewood(string through) bridge, screened peghead logo, 3 perside chrome tuners, available in natural. MFD 1971 to 1982
Serialization can bo found on Gibson website.
There was a change to this and for example my J40 serial number starts with a 600000's and was built in 71/72. This old guitar has a great sound had neck problems that were fixed before purchase required a little work bridge pins/nut/saddle(TUSQ)and installed a LR Bagg Ibeam and its magic my opinion anyhow.
Hope this helps haven"t seen one before

this guitar was made was made from1971-1976

: I have a Gibson J40 flat top. I would like to have some info on it. If anyone could help.

Square shouldered dreadnaught,walnut back and sidesmahogany back and sides, x bracing
Nice guitar, I collect Gibsons,although this is not one of their best, as a collector I would be interested to hang with my J45 and j50.
I hope this has hekped you.
Let me know if you want to get rid of it for something better.
I hace a few nice guitars,Taylors ,Guild, Gibson and Tacoma.
I'm not a dealer but I do buy a few now and then, play it if I like it, and then pretty much sell it for whjat I paid plus the shipping.
It's weird but Ib really do this.
Bruce

this guitar was made was made from1971-1976

Square shouldered dreadnaught,walnut back and sidesmahogany back and sides, x bracing
Nice guitar, I collect Gibsons,although this is not one of their best, as a collector I would be interested to hang with my J45 and j50.
I hope this has hekped you.
Let me know if you want to get rid of it for something better.
I hace a few nice guitars,Taylors ,Guild, Gibson and Tacoma.
I'm not a dealer but I do buy a few now and then, play it if I like it, and then pretty much sell it for whjat I paid plus the shipping.
It's weird but Ib really do this.
Bruce

: th

: : I have a Gibson J40 flat top. I would like to have some info on it. If anyone could help.

: Square shouldered dreadnaught,walnut back and sidesmahogany back and sides, x bracing
: Nice guitar, I collect Gibsons,although this is not one of their best, as a collector I would be interested to hang with my J45 and j50.
: I hope this has hekped you.
: Let me know if you want to get rid of it for something better.
: I hace a few nice guitars,Taylors ,Guild, Gibson and Tacoma.
: I'm not a dealer but I do buy a few now and then, play it if I like it, and then pretty much sell it for whjat I paid plus the shipping.
: It's weird but Ib really do this.
: Bruce

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.