Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Hayashi guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a Hayashi model W400DE mountain folk dreadnought
    It appears to be a Martin D35 or 45 copy. Any info on this guitar would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

i have this pearl guitar made by hayashi, it is exactly the same as gibson hummingbird. May i know how much can i sell this for?…

Anonymous

Hi,

I am interested to buy your guitar Pearl because mine was tolen last year !!! I wanted exactly the same that I had because I bought it in France when I was a student. I was 19 years old and I borrowed the money from my friend !! It took me 3 years to pay it back !! Now I am 64 years old…
        Have some pictures of it ?
        Kinds regards

B Germain

Anonymous

i bought in 1974 a Pearl acoustic dreadnoght by hayashi. top is spruce the Rest ist bright Maple. iT ist still oNE of my favourite guitars. Easy to Play, Great Sound, nearly like my martin. Looks very very unusual.

Anonymous

Hi
      I also have 1 , Bought new in 1975 or 6 . It was not not inexpensive but has Aged Beautifully and only Improved in Tone .
      Have other Mid 80’s Martins and Newer Taylor and Breedlove Guitars But Chose My Hayashi to Play at My sons wedding this past weekend .
      I Believe the Hayashi Brand was used on the Solid wood Models of this small Japanese Firm .
      The Quality , Tone and inlay is amazing .

Enjoy It and Hold on to it

Anonymous

I too have the model with Hayashi on the headstock.

I love it, I have owned many high end guitars, and this is the only one i have decided to keep forever.

Have yet to see a photo even of the same guitar as I have… but it sounds to be the same one you have.

it does say mountain inside and I think 400

but the headstock says hayashi, and it looks to be solid woods although its hard to tell.

Anonymous

I have a Hayashi guitar whichlooks identical to the Martin D45 . Instead of the Martin name horizontically it has the in laid AHayashi name vertically. On the inside back on one of the braces it has “mountain” imprinted and a gold sticker with letters RDM. Sounds good but unable to compare it with a Martin which I have never owned.
      Any further comments would be appreciated.

Anonymous

I acquired a Hayashi (not a mountain or a pearl) 30 years ago, made in the mid ’70’s. It is a beautiful guitar that has aged well. There are no flaws in the finish or inlay, and the tone is rich and alive. It is the best guitar I have played, and I have compared it to many $3,000 Martins and Guilds and all of my friends guitars. Hayashi Gakki was a small outfit in Japan, and didn’t produce guitars under the Hayashi name for long. If you can get one that is in good shape, grab it and hang on!

Anonymous

: I have a Hayashi model W400DE mountain folk dreadnought : It appears to be a Martin D35 or 45 copy. Any info on this guitar would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

I too own a Hayashi dreadnought, I thought it was an old Guild copy, Beautifull tone & resonance. Mine has no reference to "mountain guitars". Any idea where and when these guitars were made?

Anonymous

: I have a Hayashi model W400DE mountain folk dreadnought : It appears to be a Martin D35 or 45 copy. Any info on this guitar would be greatly appreciated. Hi, I also have a Mountain, it is a very close copy of a Martin D-41. It is a beautiful guitar, it’s all solid wood, rosewood sides, back, bound fingerboard. Solid spruce top. Rosewood headstock with the word ‘Mountain’ vertically inlaid in abalone like the Martin. Has abalone everywhere just like the Martin D-41. It is imprinted on the inside back brace ‘Handmade Mountain Folk’ & the name ‘Mayashi’ or possibly ‘Hayashi’. The guitar has great tone, volume & sustain. I don’t know much about Mountain instruments but this is a well made & beautiful guitar.

Anonymous

Hi, I have had this guitar since High school in the 70’s and I believe the sound is incredible and mature. What would i get if I sold this guitar?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.