Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Sigma Martin DR35

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a DR35N, serial #900830 that is listed as made in USA. From what I have read, Sigmas were the answer to imports and were made in Korea and Japan. Can anyone provide any info on this one?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I have a DR35N, serial #900830 that is listed as made in USA. From what I have read, Sigmas were the answer to imports and were made in Korea and Japan. Can anyone provide any info on this one? I own the same model serial no. 900218 .I bought this guitar in london in the early 80,s after spending all day looking at various Martins. AT the time this guitar sounded better than some of the sub £1000 Martins. From what I remember , I was told by the dealer at the time that the guitar body was made in Japan then went to Nazareth to have neck fitted and then go through their quality control it was then shipped back to Japan for europe exporting to keep costs down but basically it is a Martin dm35 at heart. My guitar still sounds nice if not better than when I bought it due to the solid spruce top.

Anonymous

: I have a DR35N, serial #900830 that is listed as made in USA. From what I have read, Sigmas were the answer to imports and were made in Korea and Japan. Can anyone provide any info on this one? I have the same guitar and would like to have the same question asked?

Anonymous

: I have a DR35N, serial #900830 that is listed as made in USA. From what I have read, Sigmas were the answer to imports and were made in Korea and Japan. Can anyone provide any info on this one? Martin made some of the Martin Sigma DR35’s and the DR28’s in Nazareth,PA, they are much better than the Japaneze or Korean made. If it was made in Nazareth it will say so on the back binding when looking thru the sound hole

Anonymous

: I have a DR35N, serial #900830 that is listed as made in USA. From what I have read, Sigmas were the answer to imports and were made in Korea and Japan. Can anyone provide any info on this one? some of the earlier sigmas were built for and by martin and were actually constructed better than most of todays entry level martins for a grand. especially if you have a solid top sigma

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.