Ibanez Concord 12 string

Posted by Feliciano on Tue, 04/29/03 - 04:41:41.

I'm looking for more information on a guitar I bought. Its an Ibanez Concord 12 string. In very good condition but nobody I know can really say how old it is or what it is worth. I'm sure it is very difficult for someone who reads this message to estimate the value, but at least an estimate would suffice. Does anyone have an idea how old this guitar is and whether Ibanez still makes the Concord? I'm relatively new at this so please excuse me. Thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ibanez Concord 12 string

I have a Ibanez 12 string Concord, red/sunburst is the color.
I bought it ca. 1976. At that time it was ca. 475 DM,something like $250. Today you'd probably had to pay $700. Lovely guitar, great sound.

I too have a 12 string Concord from 1963. It has a strange headstock, the very top is more or less hanging down.
Magnificant sound!

I too have a 12 string Concord from 1963. It has a strange headstock, the very top is more or less hanging down. Color of front is naturel, side and back is darker and it's shapes like a traditional western guitar.
Magnificant sound!

I bought mine January 1978 for about $ 250 case included. She went through a lot of concerts and gigs... About 10 years ago I let a craftsman put a Fishman Transducer in it. It really sounds great.
Ibanez stopped making this guitar several years ago, I think

I have an Ibanez concord 12 string recently i got it valued at $1800 Australian

i bought my concord about two years ago for 1000 sek thats about 120 dollars, but i guess that was rather cheap.
i have seen a couple of these guitars here in sweden this last years most of then are made 75 or 76 and ar hummingbird copies.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.