Settings for Marshall AVT50

Posted by Mike Welch on Wed, 05/21/03 - 15:29:27.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me set up my amp? I play a semi-hallowbody epiphone and am looking to get a jazzy tone with a little bit of bluesy feel. Let me know if you have found any settings that has a warm rich tone for both the clean and overdrive channels.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Settings for Marshall AVT50

: Does anyone have any suggestions to help me set up my amp? I play a semi-hallowbody epiphone and am looking to get a jazzy tone with a little bit of bluesy feel. Let me know if you have found any settings that has a warm rich tone for both the clean and overdrive channels.

mike; for that sound, a marshall is a little more harsh than a fender type amp obviously, but set the drive to just where the speaker starts to break up when you strike a single note with some force.
turn the treble settings down to about ten or eleven o'clock. Leave the bass around two o'clock. set the mids to a little over half way mark. remember; since you a using a hollowbody, then too much gain is going to cause some feedback. try to use a delay or chorus pedal with the minimal effect for a smoother response from notes when improvising and playing chords and try to use the most basic required notes when playing chords. ie. instead of a full barre chord, use the root, fifth and major or minor third rather than a full out six string version. most times because of constant chord changing with jazz guitartists, the most simple versions of these chords are used as a rule of thumb.
have fun!

Re: Settings for Marshall AVT50

: Does anyone have any suggestions to help me set up my amp? (I've got the same problem like the other one) I've got a marshall "valvestate model 8100" and play a fender strat. (usa). I want a punkrock-sound like the bands from drive-thru records (e.g. new found glory) Can anybody help me out?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.