Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Carlton Camel 100w all valve series

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Does any one have any info about this amp?

Related Article:
    The Best Cheap Tube Amps

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I found the schema here: https://elektrotanya.com/carlton_camel_fulltube_amp_sch.pdf/download.html

I am trying to replace the third ecc83 with a ecc82 and see what it does.

Anonymous

Hi everyone a family member used to own the company which made the Carlton amps and we still own the rights to them. We have many spares including new values, speakers Celestion G12H-100 and much more. Please get in touch if you think we can help.

Thanks

Anonymous

Hi. I recently refurbished a Camel 50w combo. The customer would like the foot switch to work.
        Can you supply the schematics for the amp and foot switch please.
        CB Electronics c/o
        Music centre Paisley, Village music EK

Anonymous

I have repaired the amp but the footswitch had its cable pulled off
      Does anyone have a footswitch & can send me a coloured photo of the inside so that I can see which coloured wire goes where?
      Even better would be a schematic for the footswitch
      Fingers crossed
      Thank you

Anonymous

hi everyone above…can anyone help me with a wiring diagram of my carlton camel amp ?…i also need some info about wiring for a foot switch….did not come with one…..is a generic switch ok or do i need a different type…if anyone can send me some info please send to [email protected] ..thanks in advance

Anonymous

: Does any one have any info about this amp? What ya want to know ?

Anonymous

I own the 50W valve amp and although it hasnt been without problems it has a lovely tone and punches above it’s weight in its price range. Has anyone out there used this amp for gigging?

Anonymous

I’ve used this amp for gigging. Tubes are ancient, but it never lets me down. The tank like built also helps…

Anonymous

I bought one new for around £400 and worked great until some buzzing fixed by local amp shop. The "manual" was four sides of A4 paper which I may have somewhere and can copy if anyone wants I will gladly post it as long as I can find it.

Anonymous

Hi Steven,
          I have a Carlton Camel but with electrical problems. Do you have the manuals (wiring diagram)?
          Thanks
          Luca

Anonymous

: : Does any one have any info about this amp? : What ya want to know ? ANY INFO?????????

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies! The amp we have has two foot switches (one for each ‘hump’) and a set of new valves since as several people noted, there are weaknesses! My son, who is the main user, is off to uni and keen to sell to buy the various essentials of life, so if you know anyone who wants such a beast… As several people have said, it is a nice sound.

Anonymous

: : : Does any one have any info about this amp? : : What ya want to know ? : ANY INFO????????? I have just bought a second hand Carlton Camel and would love to find out who/where the manufacturer is so I can get a user manual or spec sheet. Anyone know? Thanks

Anonymous

: : : : Does any one have any info about this amp? : : : What ya want to know ? : : ANY INFO????????? As I understand it they were made in scotland up to about the mid 90’s when the company went bust. I heard they were good though. Do yu have the footswitch. I’ve seen one going second hand but without the footswitch, I was thinking I could build a replacement. Mark : I have just bought a second hand Carlton Camel and would love to find out who/where the manufacturer is so I can get a user manual or spec sheet. Anyone know? : Thanks

Anonymous

: : : : : Does any one have any info about this amp? : : : : What ya want to know ? : : : ANY INFO????????? : As I understand it they were made in scotland up to about the mid 90’s when the company went bust. I heard they were good though. Do yu have the footswitch. I’ve seen one going second hand but without the footswitch, I was thinking I could build a replacement. : Mark : : I have just bought a second hand Carlton Camel and would love to find out who/where the manufacturer is so I can get a user manual or spec sheet. Anyone know? : : Thanks I have a Carlton T100 Pro all valve with the original footswitch and all the genuine papers that game with it. I,ve bought mine new in 1993 directly from the company on a musicfair in Rotterdam ( holland ) It game in naturel wooden case ( option ) I paid fl. 2500.- In dollars thats about $ 1200.- It has a awesome mesa boogie sound ( over the top distortion )and goes really hard. ( Celestion G12H-100) Its also very heavy, It weights 2 time my Fender Hot Rod de luxe 50 watts amp. They were made handmade in Scotland, I also search the internet for the company but could not find it. If you really like, I have to search well , i can mail you copy,s of the manual and other stuff, just send me a mail back. #### The switches on the footcontroller were very bad so i have them all replaced. See you Frits

Anonymous

hey mate…if its not too much trouble…would u send me the wiring diagram discussed and tell me what kind foot switch u used for channel A/B swap….cheers ben [email protected]

Anonymous

Well i’m bought one too.. a few years ago for i thought 1000 Gulden (500$) and i now know i had a bargain… 🙂 I thought the sound was superb but i never knew the manufacterer was gone…damn what a nice sound! had some trouble with the electronics cost me around 50$ to fix. And the disortion is…..just HORNY FAT!!! But one disadvantage is that i hear the tubes vibrating if the volume is turned UP, can that be harmful? Is it possible to get a copy of the original papers…i’m also curious.. or a scanned doc or something. How many are made??? i got a 100 W serie… I’m thinking of making a cabinet just like it (Stereo (mono) :)) there a nice connection for anotherone! First i thought of selling it…stupit me….NEVER! Regards Jasper Gitar: Ibanez RG470 (flat wound strings) Amp : Carlton Camel 100W (HUMPS RULES!!)

Anonymous

: : : : Does any one have any info about this amp? : : : What ya want to know ? : : ANY INFO????????? : I have just bought a second hand Carlton Camel and would love to find out who/where the manufacturer is so I can get a user manual or spec sheet. Anyone know? : Thanks Not sure you really want to know this but…..we used to sell tehm they are very prone to electrical problems 4 out of 6 came bnack with faults and they didnt fix the issue as far as I remeber , the company were scottish and last I heard is that they had shut down probably due to the issues with reliability. The amps themselves are actually very good for sounds and likened to Mesa Boogie and had a v nice bluesy clean sound from what I remember. If you have any info on how you got on let me know. PS how much you pay for it? Paul

Anonymous

I have a Carlton 50w Valve Combo, bought secondhand, the company went bust and I can’t find out much more than that, have you had any luck? : : : : Does any one have any info about this amp? : : : What ya want to know ? : : ANY INFO????????? : I have just bought a second hand Carlton Camel and would love to find out who/where the manufacturer is so I can get a user manual or spec sheet. Anyone know? : Thanks

Anonymous

I have a 50w combo camel, which I bought secondhand, they were made in Scotland and I haven’t been able to find out any other info. I have the original booklet that came with the amp and I’ve had a standby switch added..apart from that it’s a mystery amp! If anyone has any info or mods please get in touch : I have a Carlton 50w Valve Combo, bought secondhand, the company went bust and I can’t find out much more than that, have you had any luck? : : : : : : Does any one have any info about this amp? : : : : What ya want to know ? : : : ANY INFO????????? : : I have just bought a second hand Carlton Camel and would love to find out who/where the manufacturer is so I can get a user manual or spec sheet. Anyone know? : : Thanks

Anonymous

: : : : Does any one have any info about this amp? : : : What ya want to know ? : : ANY INFO????????? : I have just bought a second hand Carlton Camel and would love to find out who/where the manufacturer is so I can get a user manual or spec sheet. Anyone know? : Thanks Carlsbro

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.