Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Help in identifying

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I bought this guitar from a friend of mine about 25 years ago. I went to the yamaki website in Japan and went through their catalogs. It looks very similar to the B-50 pictured. However R50 is stamped inside
    on a brace. Also pressed into the brace the Yamaki name is found with it’s slogan. Another very interesting thing if what is on the headstock. Instead of "Yamaki",it reads "Nippon". It’s inlaided along with the same inlay which is on the B50. I also have chrome Grovers instead on the gold plated machine heads. I found out that Yamaki also has 5 subcompanies. I noticed a Harptone jumbo body looked pretty close to what I have, except for the pickguard. Does anybody know whether their was ever a company called "Nippon" which Yamaki built guitars for? The guitar is a beatiful work of art and it’s driving me crazy not knowing why Nippon was inlaid on the headstock. Any information would be greatly appreciated.Please E-mail me at [email protected]. I live in California.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I had a “Gut Guitar – Academy 3” form Tatsuno – Zen-on MFG. It was a guitar for student and was easy to play due the normal action. Does anybody know the age of this guitar?
      Kind Regards.

Anonymous

: I bought this guitar from a friend of mine about 25 years ago. I went to the yamaki website in Japan and went through their catalogs. It looks very similar to the B-50 pictured. However R50 is stamped inside : on a brace. Also pressed into the brace the Yamaki name is found with it’s slogan. Another very interesting thing if what is on the headstock. Instead of "Yamaki",it reads "Nippon". It’s inlaided along with the same inlay which is on the B50. I also have chrome Grovers instead on the gold plated machine heads. I found out that Yamaki also has 5 subcompanies. I noticed a Harptone jumbo body looked pretty close to what I have, except for the pickguard. Does anybody know whether their was ever a company called "Nippon" which Yamaki built guitars for? The guitar is a beatiful work of art and it’s driving me crazy not knowing why Nippon was inlaid on the headstock. Any information would be greatly appreciated.Please E-mail me at [email protected]. I live in California.

Anonymous

Seriously dude, you need geography lessons. Nippon is what the Japanese call JAPAN. Hence your guitar was made in Japan. : : I bought this guitar from a friend of mine about 25 years ago. I went to the yamaki website in Japan and went through their catalogs. It looks very similar to the B-50 pictured. However R50 is stamped inside : : on a brace. Also pressed into the brace the Yamaki name is found with it’s slogan. Another very interesting thing if what is on the headstock. Instead of "Yamaki",it reads "Nippon". It’s inlaided along with the same inlay which is on the B50. I also have chrome Grovers instead on the gold plated machine heads. I found out that Yamaki also has 5 subcompanies. I noticed a Harptone jumbo body looked pretty close to what I have, except for the pickguard. Does anybody know whether their was ever a company called "Nippon" which Yamaki built guitars for? The guitar is a beatiful work of art and it’s driving me crazy not knowing why Nippon was inlaid on the headstock. Any information would be greatly appreciated.Please E-mail me at [email protected]. I live in California.

Anonymous

I had a "Yamaki Nippon" 12 string (steel string) guitar which I bought new in about 1975 for about $230. It was an absolutely excellent guitar and was extremely easy to play due the excellent action. It was beautiful and the sound was simply sumptuous. The owner of the shop where I bought it insisted that the correct name was simply "Yamaki" but inside the sound hole, it read "Yamaki Nippon". "Nippon" means simply "Japan". : : I bought this guitar from a friend of mine about 25 years ago. I went to the yamaki website in Japan and went through their catalogs. It looks very similar to the B-50 pictured. However R50 is stamped inside : : on a brace. Also pressed into the brace the Yamaki name is found with it’s slogan. Another very interesting thing if what is on the headstock. Instead of "Yamaki",it reads "Nippon". It’s inlaided along with the same inlay which is on the B50. I also have chrome Grovers instead on the gold plated machine heads. I found out that Yamaki also has 5 subcompanies. I noticed a Harptone jumbo body looked pretty close to what I have, except for the pickguard. Does anybody know whether their was ever a company called "Nippon" which Yamaki built guitars for? The guitar is a beatiful work of art and it’s driving me crazy not knowing why Nippon was inlaid on the headstock. Any information would be greatly appreciated.Please E-mail me at [email protected]. I live in California.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.