Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Wiring Motherbuckers

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I ahve just recieved my Kent Armstrong Motherbuckers in the post, Now i am confused about wiring them.
    Is it best to Wire them with the 3 DPDT switches like in the instructions?
    Or what is the best way?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

if you have the 3 way selector switch then wire it to that, im a bit confused over the ‘double pole double throw (DPDT)’ switch? do you mean the standard 3way switch as in a standard les paul? but you could have coil tap switch’s for both PU’s, but if it was me i’d go for the standard 3 way switch configuration, and well done on choosing the Kent Armstrong’s they are fantastic PU’s, ive been a fan of theirs for years, if any of you have older Epiphone guitars (1990’s-2000)then the KA PU’s are an excellent upgrade option.

Anonymous

Yea it is a 3-way on/on/on switch. But in wiring the MB the instructions have 3 of them. Two select series/split/parallel for the 2 separate pickups but i don’t know what the 3rd does. Also if i am getting them wired in a shop will need to provide the switches?

Anonymous

then the third will be a pickup selector switch, up=neck middle=both down=bridge PU’s. unless you mean there is a total of 4? you wont need to supply your own switches, im sure the shop can supply them, what kind of guitar is it and where are you having the switches installed?

Anonymous

I think there will be a total of 4. (3 for the MB and the pick up selector switch that comes on the guitar to start with) the wiring instructions are here : http://www.wdmusicproducts.com/B2B-2/IMAGES/KA_PICKUP_WIRING_INSTRUCTIONS.PDF after the third switch it says "to pickup selector switch or output jack" Maybe the 3rd does top both and bottom for the Motherbucker. It is an Ibanez DTX 120 destroyer The swiches will be installed at my local guitar shop.

Anonymous

the diagram is showing the 3 most common ways of wiring those PU’s, when you think about it there must be hundreds of possiblities, but if it were me i’d go for the 2 way switches.

Anonymous

: the diagram is showing the 3 most common ways of wiring those PU’s, when you think about it there must be hundreds of possiblities, but if it were me i’d go for the 2 way switches. 2 way switches. That’s good advice. Just reviewing old posts since the moderator is fouling up the new ones. I hope our friend with the Motherbuckers is enjoying them by now. Atomic Humbucker Strat man Dwight

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.