Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Montaya acoustic guitar info

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

My father bought a Montaya 6-string acoustic guitar, I think it’s model SC-708, and a garage sale years ago. I’m curious as to it’s value. If anyone has info for me, I would really appriciate it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have just found a New in Box Montaya Guitar W-15 in the attic of a home I am currently doing an Estate Sale. I have no idea how long its bin in the attic but its like new and in the original cardboard box with foam wrapping around it. What is the value?
      Thank you

Anonymous

My wife and I are moving. While cleaning out an old dusty closet, I found a Montoya model W-15 guitar. I’ve owned a Martin D-12 35 since 1971. I hurt my left hand in two separate accidents and I found that I have a hard time playing the 12 string. When I found the Montaya, I realized that this is a very nice inexpensive guitar. My wife said that she bought it in New Jersey in the 1980s, but can’t remember what she paid for it.
        I find that it plays very nice and I can now begin to get back in the frame of mind of playing again.
        It has a good sound and keeps tune well, too. I had not heard of Montaya before, but I’m a fan now.

Anonymous

: My father bought a Montaya 6-string acoustic guitar, I think it’s model w-15 a couple years ago. I’m curious as to it’s value. If anyone has info for me, I would really appriciate it.

Anonymous

I have a Montaya W-15 as well, I believe it’s about 25 years old (give or take a few); you can add me to the list of folks curious as to its value. As a side note, mine has aged extremely well, and I find it’s sound quality with some nice strings (I play Elixirs) to be comprable to that of a fairly high-end new acoustic. It’s playability isn’t off the charts, but it’s decent, and most folks I’ve let play it agree it sounds like a lot of $500-$600 guitars in music shops.

Anonymous

I have a W-15 too. my dad gave it to me, i think its probably 25 years old…but i have no clue as to its value.

Anonymous

I also have one! This guitar was actually given to me by a close friend about ten years ago. It sounds wonderful and will I never let go of it! I have been trying to find out when it was made. The tone is rich and a pleasure to play. Les

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.