Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Westbury guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hello people. I’m looking for a guitar called series 200 by an old co. called Westbury. Anyone out there ever hear of them. If you have any of these guitars, please e-mail me back. Thanks.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi any one know where i can get a westbury standard truss rod plate from. Thanks

Anonymous

I own 2 1978 standards and a 1981 deluxe. They are very well made guitars and I love them. They were all made in the Matsumoku factory in Japan. The deluxe is easily as good as, if not better than my 1999 Les Paul (a good vintage for Les Pauls).

To try and put to bed the question over where they were made, this is on the Westbury website, under the history section…

“All the Vintage Westbury Guitars, with the exception of the Baroque, were made at the Matsumoku Guitar Factory in Japan. The Westbury Baroque was made by Giannini Guitars in Brazil”.

Anonymous

I’ve been on the hunt for a Westbury guitar with no luck, but I just wanted to say after reading through the posts that Arthur is an ignorant idiot. “It couldn’t have been made in Japan because them Japs dunno how ta build geetars! Hyuk!”

Anonymous

I own a black Westbury that I bought at a swap meet in the mid-70’s.
      reading the other post’s it seems it was made in the USA. The person I bought it from said it was made in Japan.
      But Japanese quality in the early 70’s wasn’t that good, this Westbury is a fine instrument with attention to detail, a solid mahogany body
      with Dimarzio Super Distortion pickups. Great sounding hum buckers ! Think I’ll keep her.

Anonymous

I OWN A WESTBURY ACCUSTIC W-5010 BAROQUE SHAPED MORE LIKE A MANDOLIN DESIGN. BOUGHT IN 1976 IN HARD SHELL CASE LIKE NEW,HARDLY PLAYED.

TRYING TO FIND IT’SD WORTH. UNDERSTAND THEY ARE VERY RARE.

Anonymous

I HAVE A WESTBURY 1976 AS GOOD AS NEW MODEL #W-5010 GREAT GUITAR. AS GOOD AS ANY GIBSON,GUILD, TAYLOR OUT THERE. VERY RARE MODEL. SHAPED LIKE A MANDOLIN THEN A GUITAR. GREAT TONE AND LOW ACTION. IT’S A BAROQUE MODEL NAMED GUITAR. TRYING TO FIND OUT VALUE. HAVE THEW ORIGINAL SOLID CASE.

Anonymous

I HAVE A WESTBURY 1976 AS GOOD AS NEW MODEL #W-5010 GREAT GUITAR. AS GOOD AS ANY GIBSON,GUILD, TAYLOR OUT THERE. VERY RARE MODEL. SHAPED LIKE A MANDOLIN THEN A GUITAR. GREAT TONE AND LOW ACTION. IT’S A BAROQUE MODEL NAMED GUITAR. TRYING TO FIND OUT VALUE. HAVE THEW ORIGINAL SOLID CASE.

Anonymous

I owned this guitar for about 30yrs..great sound. totally functional, played in studio over the years. Black original paint.

Anonymous

I own Standard model, pretty beat up and 1 p/u replaced, got it for $200 in 2007. Also bought a nice sunburst Deluxe model in ’07 for $300. Last year picked up a white Deluxe with the 3 mini-toggles for $275. And my favorite is an ’81 Custom S (aka Super Custom) which I bought 2nd hand from a guy back in ’83 for $250. These Custom S models are the top of Westbury line, and in good shape can go for $600-1000 now.

Anonymous

hi i have a westbury track 2 bass ser no 082103 but cant find a value it still has the dimarzio stickers on the pickups can u help it says on the back plate with the ser no made in japan cheers tony

Anonymous

This post is to inform everyone who is interested that as of November of 2003, “Westbury guitars Inc.” is back in business and will have their product out by mid summer. These guitars are high end but affordable and not made at Matsumoku or in Japan, rather, right here in the U.S.A.—100% U.S.A. made guitars. Other high-end guitars say they are made in the U.S. and indeed are not. It is my obligation to expose companies like Brian Moor and PRS who have their guitars made over seas in Korea and assembled here in the U.S. and are legally allowed to put the U.S.A. stamp on their product. There may never be an Uncle Mat again but there will always be an Uncle Sam and Westbury Guitars Inc. realizes this and that’s why there will be a 100% USA made stamp on the new line of Westbury Guitars. (Not at all affiliated with Univox) Prototypes are being made in PA and LA and Westbury Guitars Inc. is very close to Ok-ing the design and will begin production in April. Low serial numbered models can be ordered through http://www.westburyguitars.com and the site will also have a ton of information on the vintage models. Westbury Guitars Inc. P.O.Box 10582 Westbury N.Y. 11590-3226 [email protected]

Anonymous

i have owned a westbury standard with original hard case since 1981,it had until recently had regular use and has served me well,i have no idea of its worth,any idea?. many thanks.paul

Anonymous

I have a standard, a very old, but I don’t know anything about this instrument…Do you have some info about this? What is it worth? Thanx! Steven

Anonymous

: Hello people. I’m looking for a guitar called series 200 by an old co. called Westbury. Anyone out there ever hear of them. If you have any of these guitars, please e-mail me back. Thanks.

Anonymous

hello i have seen a guitar called westbury at sale on http://www.musikalen.se ,prise about $499 but i’m not sure about the model you are asking for. if you have any pictures of this model mail me, a friend of mine also have a westbury "double cut avay brown"

Anonymous

r u still looking for one

Anonymous

I have a series 200. It’s blue with a white pickguard. Maple neck, original case pretty good condition. Is it worth anything? Will it pay my sons college tuition?

Anonymous

Eric, would happen to still have a Westbury 200, and would you be willing to sell at any time in the near future? Thanks.

Anonymous

Has anyone heard of a Westbury Deluxe? If so, then email me.(my address is at the top) Cheers.

Anonymous

Hi Jack, I have owned a Westbury Delux from when I was about 13 years old. It still plays a blinding set. I am 42 now and i love as much as the day I bought it. I once lent it to a friend of mine whilst his Fender Strat was in the shop and after playing it in the specific gig I lent it for, he offered me £250 on the spot. That was about 22 years ago, but I could never part with it.

Anonymous

: Has anyone heard of a Westbury Deluxe? If so, then email me.(my address is at the top) : Cheers. yes, i own one

Anonymous

i have one w 2 seymor duncan pickups

Anonymous

What?

Anonymous

: i have one w 2 seymor duncan pickups What???

Anonymous

: Hello people. I’m looking for a guitar called series 200 by an old co. called Westbury. Anyone out there ever hear of them. If you have any of these guitars, please e-mail me back. Thanks.

Anonymous

: : Hello people. I’m looking for a guitar called series 200 by an old co. called Westbury. Anyone out there ever hear of them. If you have any of these guitars, please e-mail me back. Thanks. I have a westbury standard and don’t know what spefic model – it looks like a les paul; dark wood stain, has low action; double humbuckers- I got it second hand in 1983. How do I find out what model it is? I might sell it, but want to know what it really is first.

Anonymous

: : : Hello people. I’m looking for a guitar called series 200 by an old co. called Westbury. Anyone out there ever hear of them. If you have any of these guitars, please e-mail me back. Thanks. : I have a westbury standard and don’t know what spefic model – it looks like a les paul; dark wood stain, has low action; double humbuckers- I got it second hand in 1983. : How do I find out what model it is? I might sell it, but want to know what it really is first. Go to http://www.westburyguitars.com The site should be up by Feb 15th.

Anonymous

: : : Hello people. I’m looking for a guitar called series 200 by an old co. called Westbury. Anyone out there ever hear of them. If you have any of these guitars, please e-mail me back. Thanks. : I have a westbury standard and don’t know what spefic model – it looks like a les paul; dark wood stain, has low action; double humbuckers- I got it second hand in 1983. : How do I find out what model it is? I might sell it, but want to know what it really is first. It’s called "Standard" Thats the model. If your looking to sell it, please e-mail me. [email protected] Thanks.

Anonymous

: Hello people. I’m looking for a guitar called series 200 by an old co. called Westbury. Anyone out there ever hear of them. If you have any of these guitars, please e-mail me back. Thanks. Yo my friend has a Westbury guitar and its veary nice i think there made in Japan.

Anonymous

I added Grover tuning keys, the selector toggles knob is missing

let me know

Anonymous

: : Hello people. I’m looking for a guitar called series 200 by an old co. called Westbury. Anyone out there ever hear of them. If you have any of these guitars, please e-mail me back. Thanks. : Yo my friend has a Westbury guitar and its veary nice i think there made in Japan.

Anonymous

Yes I have had a westbury standard guitar in maroon for 20 years and it’s still going strong. Great sound and action. Looks like an ibanez or washburn raven

Anonymous

: : Hello people. I’m looking for a guitar called series 200 by an old co. called Westbury. Anyone out there ever hear of them. If you have any of these guitars, please e-mail me back. Thanks. : Yo my friend has a Westbury guitar and its veary nice i think there made in Japan. Ask him if he’ll sell it to me and get back to me. [email protected] Thanks.

Anonymous

I have two Westbury standard guitars, and I´m willing to buy a few more, specially if they´re left handed. They were made by the Arai company (the same company as made the original Aria guitars)in the years 79-82. They came with one Dimarzio Super Distortion bridge pickup and a paf103 (I think) neck pickup. Super guitars! It´s better then a Les Paul (but that of course is just my opinion!!!) E-mail me if you got one!

Anonymous

Hi there… A Friend of mine has one of these westbury guitars, too. We dont know much about it but it has an incredible awsome sound. thats all. I think you wouldnt ever get much money on ebay becouse nobody knows this guitar. Cya JVN

Anonymous

: Hi there… : A Friend of mine has one of these westbury guitars, too. We dont know much about it but it has an incredible awsome sound. thats all. I think you wouldnt ever get much money on ebay becouse nobody knows this guitar. : Cya JVN For info on Westbury Guitars, go to http://www.westburyguitars.com

Anonymous

Hello Charlie or Pete: I too never heard of Westbury and found one e-Bay today. I typed in "westbury guitars" on Yahoo and the first reference were you two on guitarsite. The second is a bunch of reviews (all excellent) on http://www.guitarist.net but the third one was on a Univox site http://www.univox.org/guitars/gtrlist.html that lists all Westbury models, original prices, specs, AND PHOTOS. They were made in the Motsumoku Japan factory (excellent quality) …..so were Aria, Westone, Electra and others. I hope this helps you out. Ben

Anonymous

None of the Westbury Guitars were made in Japan at Matsumoko factory. Alot of the so called Law Suit guitars were, but none of the Westbury axes were. The bodies were made by an Italian maker named Giannini by hand. shipped back to NY where the Uni-Vox skeleton crew left here to run things in the US when the corp moved it’s electronics division to Japan. Matsumoko is in Korea, and they never made any of the Westbury guitars. Go to the Westbury site and click on history, it’s rather long but you’ll find out the truth. They are not copies, they are originals and few and far between, soon to become collectors items. In fact theyre already collectors items. I have 2 in my collection of 13 vintage guitars.

Anonymous

Hi, Iam also looking for info on Westbury guitars, I have one – a small, sculpted solid body, dark brown with twin Di-marzio humbuckers, the usual tone and volume for each one and the old either one, tother or both crossover switch. There is also a row of three gold (colour) toggle switches that seem to do things with the tone but I’m not sure what. The only writing on it is Westbury and custom (on the truss rod cover) and a serial number which is 109057. Any other info gratefully accepted. I can supply a photo if I had an address.

Anonymous

Just ran across this, and have been looking for one of these for a while. Would ever be looking for it to find a new home? Thanks.

Anonymous

In case anyone still wants an answer to this question. I have one of these guitars, Westbury Custom with the three gold toggle switches. I took the cover off to see what they do. The switch nearest the bridge switches the neck pickup from single coil to humbucker. Toggle pointing towards bridge is single coil. Middle switch switches the bridge pickup from single coil to humbucker. Far switch reverses the polarity of the bridge pickup. This makes a difference when both pickups are on. Pickups are in-phase when toggle points away from bridge. When toggle points towards bridge they are in anti-phase, so to some extent they cancel and the guitar gets a lot quieter.

Anonymous

Hi,

just noticed your guitar on this site. Is it still for sale? Where are you based?

Best wishes,

David

Anonymous

Hi
        I have a westbury guitar for sale, model #W2900M
        made around 1976-78?
        $300 or best offer
        email me a [email protected]
        thanks
        march 2013

Anonymous

some slim chance is this guitar still for sale. Thanks

Anonymous

I have a very similar guitar with neck through the body (Maple I think) The three toggle switches are phase switces and change the polarity of the pickup. You’re right in that it affects the tonality quite a bit. I got the guitar when I was a about 14 and have used it off and on for years. Great sounding guitar. I’ve had it refretted a couple of times and always got great comments on it. : Hi, Iam also looking for info on Westbury guitars, I have one – a small, sculpted solid body, dark brown with twin Di-marzio humbuckers, the usual tone and volume for each one and the old either one, tother or both crossover switch. There is also a row of three gold (colour) toggle switches that seem to do things with the tone but I’m not sure what. The only writing on it is Westbury and custom (on the truss rod cover) and a serial number which is 109057. Any other info gratefully accepted. I can supply a photo if I had an address.

Anonymous

: Hi, Iam also looking for info on Westbury guitars, I have one – a small, sculpted solid body, dark brown with twin Di-marzio humbuckers, the usual tone and volume for each one and the old either one, tother or both crossover switch. There is also a row of three gold (colour) toggle switches that seem to do things with the tone but I’m not sure what. The only writing on it is Westbury and custom (on the truss rod cover) and a serial number which is 109057. Any other info gratefully accepted. I can supply a photo if I had an address.

Anonymous

I have 2 of them. theyre great guitars made by the Uni-Cord Corp. only 3 years. the one you have I believe is called a Westbury Performer. they the first ones made by the skeleton crew left behind here in Westbury NY when Uni-Vox moved to Japan. Yours is more than likely a 1978 or early 1979, they’re also the raress t of all the Westbury guitars. Hang on to it. keep it original and in just a few years from now you’ll have a very pricey piece. They were part of the Jim Marshall (Marshall Amps) subsidieary corporations which he helped get started back in the late 60’s and 70’s. I also have a couple LesPauls, a 650G 1976 Kramer, 2 Strats, a Delta King BB30 Oscar Schmidt, all great axes but none play or sound like that Westbury. Right now theyre worth about $600 – $1000 in mint shape. Soon because of the re-issue in 2016, of the same axe you have (the RS-22) the price is going to go through the roof. Trust me! I know what I’m talking about. When Gibson re-issued the 61 SG what happend? When they re-issued the 57 Gold Top What happend? When Fender re-issued the 52 Telecaster what happend? the Westbury’s were already rare, and great playing as you well know. Watch what happens in the next few years. I already know people who would love to have one of mine, but that ain’t gonna happen, not without some serious cake. Mark my word, and watch the price go up and up and up and……. well you get the picture right?
          Good luck to ya, Doc Wayne in Rosedale MD

Anonymous

: : Hi, Iam also looking for info on Westbury guitars, I have one – a small, sculpted solid body, dark brown with twin Di-marzio humbuckers, the usual tone and volume for each one and the old either one, tother or both crossover switch. There is also a row of three gold (colour) toggle switches that seem to do things with the tone but I’m not sure what. The only writing on it is Westbury and custom (on the truss rod cover) and a serial number which is 109057. Any other info gratefully accepted. I can supply a photo if I had an address. G’day anyone, I have a 1980 Westbury custom which I use all the time. Great guitar! If anyone out there knows of one going I’d like very much to know. Good playing to y’all, mick mepham

Anonymous

Hi there. Here are some photos and a link to a Westbury site…http://www.geocities.com/dotcarmine/westbury.html … cm

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.