Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Antonio Hernandis No. 2 classical guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a 1969 Antonio Hernandis classical that I bought new 34 years ago. The label reads:
    Constructor De Guitarras
    Antonio Hernandis
    Antigua Casa Sherry-Brener Ltd.
    No. 2 Madrid 1969

It is in mint condition. COuld anyone advise me as to the history and value of this instrument?
    Thank you,
    Tom

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I got a 12 string 1970 Antonio Hernandis. whats it worth? just curious

Anonymous

i picked up this guitar, just wondering if its worth anything. its a 12 string – Antonio Hernandis #2 – 1969

Anonymous

I have this guitar, as well. Purchased in St. Paul, MN from a music store going out of business. Has the same identifying label:
      Constructor De Guitarras
      Antonio Hernandis
      Antigua Casa Sherry-Brener Ltd.
      No. 2 Madrid 1969
      Also in mint condition and beautiful sound. What should I insure it for?

Anonymous

I bought this guitar in New York in a Antique Guitars Store in Down Town New York City. It’s a beautiful, light and the best classical sound I have ever play and touched. I was offered $5000.00 in 1990 but I didn’t take it. I like to know what is worth to someone that understand about music, sound and a Antique. I want $20,000.00 if you want to own a real antique piece.

Write to:
      Marshall Cordero
      786-416-2948

Anonymous

This guitar is two steps down from the Grand Concert. John Sherry bough a warehouse full of Argentinian rosewood and kept it for years to make exceptional guitars. A number were made about the time you purchased your guitar. Go to any good music shop with the guitar and have them look up the serial number under the top at the join of the fingerboard. They’ll now where to look and can tell you of its value. Retail I would guess at about $350 to 450 depending. David

Anonymous

: I have a 1969 Antonio Hernandis classical that I bought new 34 years ago. The label reads: : Constructor De Guitarras : Antonio Hernandis : Antigua Casa Sherry-Brener Ltd. : No. 2 Madrid 1969 : It is in mint condition. COuld anyone advise me as to the history and value of this instrument? : Thank you, : Tom Tom, I purchased a Hernandis with the same label except it is a No. 3. I paid $150 about 8 years ago from a consignment wall in a guitar shop I took lessons at. The tone of my guitar is so pure and good, that I haven’t been able to find any guitar yet that matches its tonal qualities. I got an email 2 years ago from The Sherry-Brener Co. in Chicago stating that these were mass-manufactured in shops in Spain and were not worth much; however, just recently, as I was warming up before my lesson, a guitarist who was practicing in the studio next door came out and heard me play. He asked to play my guitar and liked it so much he asked if I would take $3,000 for it! I declined. I love the sound of this guitar, as I’m sure you like yours. Hopefully, this gives you some insight. Good luck! Rich

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.