Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Need Info on Taurus Classical Guitar.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

A guitar was given to me as a birthday gift a while back. This guitar is a (I presume) Taurus Classical Guitar made by Taurus Guitarras Luthiers. The placard on the inside reads that it was made in Spain in 1975. There is also Serrallonga, Zaragonza on the inside too. I must say, once I restrung the guitar and tuned it. The sound it produces is just outstanding. Ive never heard such a wonderful, vibrant, and sustainfull sounds. It just projects so well. Ive fallen in love with the guitar. I have done some digging but am unable to come up with any info on who the builder was, where and anything else about the guitar. I am quite interested and would love to play, hear, and see some other fine art that the manufacture has out. It looks to be solid top. The wood grains are rich and vibrant. The guitar is in awsome shape.

If you have any other info that you could share with me that would fantastic.

Sincerely,
    Nate Osborn.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a 1978 classical guitar that I bought from the maker in Zaragoza,Spain. I have yet to see another one like it! It is a dark wood…hand made…inlaid wood…..I would lime to know if anyone has seen one! I may possibly sell mine, but only to a very seriouscollector or player!

Anonymous

: A guitar was given to me as a birthday gift a while back. This guitar is a (I presume) Taurus Classical Guitar made by Taurus Guitarras Luthiers. The placard on the inside reads that it was made in Spain in 1975. There is also Serrallonga, Zaragonza on the inside too. I must say, once I restrung the guitar and tuned it. The sound it produces is just outstanding.: If you have any other info that you could share with me that would fantastic. : Sincerely, : Nate Osborn. I personally purchased a Serrallonga guitar in Zaragoza, Spain in 1973, meeting and talking with the maker himself. I remember that shopp was quite large and the guitars varied in price and type. Being a student on "$5 a day" I purchased the nicest and cheapest I could afford. I bought a canvas case and carried it around Europe all summer that year. What a great guitar! I still have the guitar. My son is learning to play on it and it sounds as good as it did som 30 years ago.

Anonymous

Nate, I believe its origin was Barcelona. I purchased one there in 1970.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.