Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Bigsby tuning problem

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’ve got a DeArmond M-75T electric guitar with a Bigsby type tremelo that won’t stay in tune even when not using the trem. I’ve installed a roller bridge,graphite nut and Sperzel tuners but the problem persists. Any solutions?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

:Stuart, I have an Epiphone with a Bigsby type tremolo with the same problem. So, I got to thinking about it and decided to take the strings off to see if the bar the strings are attached to was turning smoothly. Well, it was not! In fact, it really sucks. I went to a local repair shop and compared them. The real Bigsby turns really smoothly. I think the copy Bigsbys are just junk and I am replacing the one on my guitar with a real one. Something else that will help are Sperzel locking tuners and a graphite nut. Talk to your local shop about it. I’m sure you will notice a difference. I’ve got a DeArmond M-75T electric guitar with : a Bigsby type tremelo that won’t stay in tune even : when not using the trem. I’ve installed a roller : bridge,graphite nut and Sperzel tuners but the problem : persists. Any solutions?

Anonymous

: I’ve got a DeArmond M-75T electric guitar with
      : a Bigsby type tremelo that won’t stay in tune even
      : when not using the trem. I’ve installed a roller
      : bridge,graphite nut and Sperzel tuners but the problem
      : persists. Any solutions?

Bigsby’s work great if you string from about a .012 to a .054…but they’re pretty useless any lighter than that.

Anonymous

Hey , I just installed a bigsby on my guitar and it works great and returns to pitch. You might just need to file the nut wider" string slots" so the strings have lower friction. I also put grapite in the nut slots as a lube. I do have a graphite nut and my bigsby has real smooth bearings. Also stretch your strings, I use 10’s ,and it does return. If your final move is pressing down the trem,this will help accuracey too. mark : ********************** : Bigsby’s work great if you string from about a .012 to a .054…but they’re pretty useless any lighter than that.

Anonymous

: : I’ve got a DeArmond M-75T electric guitar with : : a Bigsby type tremelo that won’t stay in tune even : : when not using the trem. I’ve installed a roller : : bridge,graphite nut and Sperzel tuners but the problem : : persists. Any solutions? : ********************** : Bigsby’s work great if you string from about a .012 to a .054…but they’re pretty useless any lighter than that. : I’ve owned many guitars with bigsbys and have never had a major tuning problem with them (I play .010’s). You should have a Luthier look at the guitar. It probably isn’t the Bigsby.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.