that "low sound"

Posted by Lance on Sun, 09/24/00 - 14:28:36.

I'm fixing to buy my first guitar. I already know alot about music, having played trombone for 5 years, and i've been listening to rock since i've been old enough to comprehend.
Anyways, I've got some nice songs written out for me and friends, who play 6-string and bass. In order to complete the group, and the sound, i need something to play lower than a standard six.
Should I A:(buy a 7-string) B: (buy a baritone) C: (buy a scheter celloblaster) D: (buy a regular guitar, and string it w/ baritone strings) or E: (just get a six string, tune it down, and hope it stays put?)
The best baritoen i've found in my price range is the dano hodad. The best 7-string in my price range is an ibanez ax-722. I don't know if tuning a 6-string w/ a baritone set would even work.?
So basically, i need something i can play a lower sound on, but won't take me 3 years to get good at (considering i already fully understand chords, scales, etc.) Thanks for any advice.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: that "low sound"

just for practicality's sake get a 7 string. but think about how long ur gonna be in this band tho, u might only 'need' it for like a year.

Dude go for the celloblaster its very low it sounds great without any effects and when you do use effects it sounds even better. Trust me i got one its tuned lower then the standard 7 string tunning the standard 7 string has the low B, the celloblaster has the low A and is tuned in fiths for a better sustain. The celloblaster is better you get all the low end sound without the girth of the 7 string neck. Just go with the celloblaster, its the better choice

Its me again wondering what you desided to get the 7 string or the cello blaster???? n e way if you ever read this jsut email me tellin what you got if you got ne thing. but i still sugjest the cello blaster

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.