Kent WC-18 and DeArmond pickups

Posted by Andy Richard on Sun, 10/26/03 - 03:04:47.

Hello,
I just got an electric guitar that was hand-made circa 1964. I'm trying to identify the pickups. The bridge pickup is a metal covered one and it says Kent WC-18 on it. It has 2 pieces of black plastic in the metal cover. I did a search on the internet for that pickup and found nothing. The neck pickup is a DeArmond, and on it it says DeArmond and "Reg. US Pat. Off." There's no model number on it or anything. It is also a metal-covered pickup and has 4 evenly spaced pieces of black glass on it. It also has two little golden colored screws on the pickup itself. If anyone has any information about any of those 2 pickups, please let me know. Anything at all would be appreciated. THANKS!

Andy

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Kent WC-18 and DeArmond pickups

Hello Andy,

If you send a drawing or JPEG of the pickups to me, I may be able to identify the kent Armstrong, but I most likely will be able to identify the DeArmond.

Regards

Ben.

: Hello,
: I just got an electric guitar that was hand-made circa 1964. I'm trying to identify the pickups. The bridge pickup is a metal covered one and it says Kent WC-18 on it. It has 2 pieces of black plastic in the metal cover. I did a search on the internet for that pickup and found nothing. The neck pickup is a DeArmond, and on it it says DeArmond and "Reg. US Pat. Off." There's no model number on it or anything. It is also a metal-covered pickup and has 4 evenly spaced pieces of black glass on it. It also has two little golden colored screws on the pickup itself. If anyone has any information about any of those 2 pickups, please let me know. Anything at all would be appreciated. THANKS!

: Andy

Kent wc-18

The kent wc-18 is a acostic pickup I have one it is just like what you described accept mine has a metal box attatched for the pots and tone cap and jack.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.