Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Roy Orbison Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have for sale an Ovation guitar that was custom made and owned by the rock legend Roy Orbison. I purchased the guitar in 1984 at a Muscular Dystrophy telethon in Nashville, TN. It is a special artist edition that was made in 1979. It is a black six string flat top with a blue bridge and the classic round fiberglass back. It has a custom made pick up engraved by John Buck with volume and tone control. The model number (1621-5) is hand written on a special Ovation nameplate located in the main body. The serial number is 074120. He had just used the guitar on a tour of England and upon his return donated it to MD. The guitar does have some surface varnish cracks on the soundboard and some varnish deterioration on the neck but I feel it adds integrity to this rare instrument. To just look at it and think of the man playing that same guitar who wrote many of the rock classics today "Oh Pretty Woman, Crying, Only the Lonely, Blue Bayou, Ooby Dooby, and of course You Got It". I am including with this letter 4 pictures in a zip file and/or JPG pictures. This is a rare collectable. Serious inquiries only. I am presently entertaining bids on the instrument and I can be reached by the following. Email: [email protected]

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.