Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics How to re- string my guitar with a Floyd Rose Low TRS Tremelo

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have recently just purchased a Ibanez RG series guitar that has a Floyd Rose Low TRS Tremeolo System on it. Having never came across a tremeol like this before i have no idea on how to re- sring my guitar. If any one out there can help i’ll be greatfull. Cheers!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I have recently just purchased a Ibanez RG series guitar that has a Floyd Rose Low TRS Tremeolo System on it. Having never came across a tremeol like this before i have no idea on how to re- sring my guitar. If any one out there can help i’ll be greatfull.

: Cheers! If I were you I’d find someone in your area such as a good guitar tech to set it up for you. It’s a little tricky. I bought a Fender Floyd Rose Kahler to put on my Eric Clapton Blackie Strat. The guitar tech that put it on for me, might have installed the bridge correctly, but he dosent know how to set it up, so look carefully for the right guy.

Anonymous

: I have recently just purchased a Ibanez RG series guitar that has a Floyd Rose Low TRS Tremeolo System on it. Having never came across a tremeol like this before i have no idea on how to re- sring my guitar. If any one out there can help i’ll be greatfull.

: Cheers!

Dear steven;

I beleive the Floyd Rose is a great bridge and hope you are enjoying your new guitar.

Re-stringing requires three or four tools.

1. The two hex wreches for the saddles and the nut, unless your saddles and nut us the same wrench.

2. wire cutter.

3. End nipper with the cutting edge filed flat, or small plyers with the grip surfaces filed flat. Or perhaps you already have a suitable tool with a flat face.

There is always another way to do anything, but here is one way.

1. Loosen a nut clamp. Each clamp locks two strings at the nut.

2. Detune and remove one string.

3. Prepare new string by first squeezing a flat spot just above the ball end wrap. This will lock the string to the plain wire core and prevent the possibility of a string that unwraps when you cut the
      ball end away from the string. Make your cut between your flat spot and the wrap that holds the ball end on.

4. Insert the end you have just prepared into the saddle and lock it into place. I try to center the string in this space.

5. Thread string over the nut and under the retaining bar, if there is one. And through tuning key post as you would for any other guitar.

6. Tune this string to pitch.

7. Follow the preceeding steps for all of the strings.
      and replace all of the nut clamps. Now its time to tune.
      ****Note that you do not need to squeeze a flat spot
      on plain strings. Simply cut them just above the
      ball end wrap. Also, Strings that are wraped on a
      HEX Core may not need to have a flat sqeezed to
      lock the string.

I hope this will help you.

mike

Anonymous

ive got an ibanez rg470, and it stays constantly a step lower, ive tried tuning it to eadgbe, but it wont have any of it and always detunes, i get so angry at it im on the verge of smashing it up, but it cost me so much. why wont it stay in tune?

Anonymous

: Cheers!

Dear steven;

I beleive the Floyd Rose is a great bridge and hope you are enjoying your new guitar.

Re-stringing requires three or four tools.

1. The two hex wreches for the saddles and the nut, unless your saddles and nut us the same wrench.

wire cutter.

3. End nipper with the cutting edge filed flat, or small plyers with the grip surfaces filed flat. Or perhaps you already have a suitable tool with a flat face.

There is always another way to do anything, but here is one way.

1. Loosen a nut clamp. Each clamp locks two strings at the nut.

2. Detune and remove one string.

3. Prepare new string by first squeezing a flat spot just above the ball end wrap. This will lock the string to the plain wire core and prevent the possibility of a string that unwraps when you cut the
      ball end away from the string. Make your cut between your flat spot and the wrap that holds the ball end on.

4. Insert the end you have just prepared into the saddle and lock it into place. I try to center the string in this space.

5. Thread string over the nut and under the retaining bar, if there is one. And through tuning key post as you would for any other guitar.

6. Tune this string to pitch.

7. Follow the preceeding steps for all of the strings.
      ***Note that you do not need to squeeze a flat spot
      on plain strings. Simply cut them just above the
      ball end wrap. Also, Strings that are wraped on a
      HEX Core may not need to have a flat sqeezed to
      lock the string.

I hope this will help you.

mike

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.