Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Tama Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I bought a tama 3560 D-45 copy in either 75 or 76 new.I still have it and am trying to get some info about it and a value. Can anyone help?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I bought a tama 3560 D-45 copy in either 75 or 76 new.I still have it and am trying to get some info about it and a value. Can anyone help? I have what I assume to be the same or similar model. Solid spruce top, beautiful inlay work, including mother of pearl. The guitar plays well and has no distortions or deterioration. I have been advised to insure it for $1000NZ ($640US) but dont expect to be able to replace it if lost or stolen. A 12 string version was also manufactured, looks the same except the extra strings. Hope you get as much pleaseure from yours as I get from mine. Cheers Ted Martin

Anonymous

I have a 3651 bought second hand in 1987 for NZ$450. Absolutely beautiful construction and tone to die for. It was my first guitar and I coundnt even play. Solid spruce top (now a deep orange yellow) brazilian rosewood back and sides, bookmatched, herringbone purfling and rosette, beautiful!!. When I was living in Sydney (1993)I had it refretted and the guy in the music shop said did I know it was worth Au$1500 plus, that they were very rare and I would have to pay big dollars to buy anything similar. Tama used to have a museum on their website with info on guitars but I think it has gone now. They were handmade ,from memory, from 1977-78 from the best woods. Wouldnt sell it for all the tea in china. Cheers Laurie : : I bought a tama 3560 D-45 copy in either 75 or 76 new.I still have it and am trying to get some info about it and a value. Can anyone help? : I have what I assume to be the same or similar model. Solid spruce top, beautiful inlay work, including mother of pearl. The guitar plays well and has no distortions or deterioration. I have been advised to insure it for $1000NZ ($640US) but dont expect to be able to replace it if lost or stolen. : A 12 string version was also manufactured, looks the same except the extra strings. : Hope you get as much pleaseure from yours as I get from mine. : Cheers : Ted Martin

Anonymous

: Oops sorry that should be 3561 : : I have a 3651 bought second hand in 1987 for NZ$450. Absolutely beautiful construction and tone to die for. It was my first guitar and I coundnt even play. Solid spruce top (now a deep orange yellow) brazilian rosewood back and sides, bookmatched, herringbone purfling and rosette, beautiful!!. When I was living in Sydney (1993)I had it refretted and the guy in the music shop said did I know it was worth Au$1500 plus, that they were very rare and I would have to pay big dollars to buy anything similar. Tama used to have a museum on their website with info on guitars but I think it has gone now. They were handmade ,from memory, from 1977-78 from the best woods. Wouldnt sell it for all the tea in china. : : Cheers : : Laurie : : : : I bought a tama 3560 D-45 copy in either 75 or 76 new.I still have it and am trying to get some info about it and a value. Can anyone help? : : : I have what I assume to be the same or similar model. Solid spruce top, beautiful inlay work, including mother of pearl. The guitar plays well and has no distortions or deterioration. I have been advised to insure it for $1000NZ ($640US) but dont expect to be able to replace it if lost or stolen. : : : A 12 string version was also manufactured, looks the same except the extra strings. : : : Hope you get as much pleaseure from yours as I get from mine. : : : Cheers : : : Ted Martin I have a Tama Tree of Life model. I was wondering if your’s is the same model Laurie? I has the Tree of Life mother or pearl inlay on the fret board.

Anonymous

I bought a 3560s back in 1972 and have still got it. Its the best guitar I own and I wouldnt sell it to put a roof on the house.

Anonymous

Hi! I’m searching for a Tama acoustic model 3560 or 3558. I have a Tama model TD 35 S. solid bookmatched spruce top, 3-piece back abalone inlay body and rosette, in very good condition. Beautiful sound! Somebody willing to make a deal? Send me your response,so I can send a picture of my Tama!

Anonymous

is the TD-35 S still available? thanks!

Anonymous

I have a Tama 3558-S that is brand new – hasn’t been played enough to even show any rubbing on the frets. It has lain in its case since new. Beautiful. Do you know anything about these? I got it about 5 years ago.

Anonymous

I’ve got a Tama TG-135 (spruce top, sides and back solid rosewood, 3-piece back), bought in 1979 for about $750 US. I’ve played it for spurts ever since. I’ve rediscovered the beauty of this guitar while recently shopping for a 12-string for myself and beginner guitars for my young nieces (I bought 2 Seagulls for them – very lovely). I’ve also recently played a 1968 and 1966 D-35 Martins, both were in beautiful condition and a joy to play. My recent searches, trying out Taylors, NEW Martins, and other guitars, only serve to make me appreciate my Tama more, which is in immaculate condition, with sweet action, great intonation and a lovely sound. I figure that to replace my Tama with a similar quality new guitar would cost at least $2,000. Anyone else have a TG-135 out there? Thoughts on value?

Anonymous

I found my Tama TG -135 in a hock shop in Sydney, Australia in 1985. They were asking $325 (Aust$) & I traded in an unwanted Maton (Australian-made) for $225, paying out only $100. The Tama is a beautiful instrument – I can’t imagine ever selling it, though I’ve been offered over $1000. Rich in tone from bass to treble – a real delight to play,

Anonymous

Hi,

I also have a Tama TG-135 and was wondering what it’d be worth these days. Its not in great nick but plays fine.

Thanks.

[email protected]

Oliver

Anonymous

Oops sorry that should be 3561 : I have a 3651 bought second hand in 1987 for NZ$450. Absolutely beautiful construction and tone to die for. It was my first guitar and I coundnt even play. Solid spruce top (now a deep orange yellow) brazilian rosewood back and sides, bookmatched, herringbone purfling and rosette, beautiful!!. When I was living in Sydney (1993)I had it refretted and the guy in the music shop said did I know it was worth Au$1500 plus, that they were very rare and I would have to pay big dollars to buy anything similar. Tama used to have a museum on their website with info on guitars but I think it has gone now. They were handmade ,from memory, from 1977-78 from the best woods. Wouldnt sell it for all the tea in china. : Cheers : Laurie : : : I bought a tama 3560 D-45 copy in either 75 or 76 new.I still have it and am trying to get some info about it and a value. Can anyone help? : : I have what I assume to be the same or similar model. Solid spruce top, beautiful inlay work, including mother of pearl. The guitar plays well and has no distortions or deterioration. I have been advised to insure it for $1000NZ ($640US) but dont expect to be able to replace it if lost or stolen. : : A 12 string version was also manufactured, looks the same except the extra strings. : : Hope you get as much pleaseure from yours as I get from mine. : : Cheers : : Ted Martin

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.