Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Daion guitars

• This topic has 59 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion. I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful. Martin Åsvik

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a Daion acoustic guitar. It has tone & volume knobs. Being acoustic I was surprised to see it has an inline headstock. Does anyone know what this is or worth?

Anonymous

Hi – I have a Daion acoustic guitar with round tone and volume knobs. Very strange configuration as it also has an in-line headstock

Anonymous

Hey,
      Just stumbled across a beautiful green Mark XX Bass in the original case, a closet queen in magnificent shape for a 1981 instrument.
      She is so sweet to play, wonderful tone, beautiful to look at.

Anonymous

Howdy all. I have a 12 sting Daion, and would like to find out more about them. I did try to get to the web site listed above [http://home.att.net/~daion/index.html ] but it is not in service. does anyone know of a current web site?
      Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

I have been given a Daion mandolin, with pick-up, to sell. No case. Does anybody know roughly what it might be worth?

Anonymous

hi . is there still anyone on this site ?

im so excited . getting my Daion power mark xx day after tomorrow for the equavalent of 100 dollars . in its original case ,shaped just like the guitar.
      cheers all the Daion freaks

Anonymous

i bought a MarkXX 4-string about 2 years ago. beautiful instrument that’s for sure. Japanese made with thru-neck, cherry finish, and recently-replaced Fender pickups. Still looking for any information i can find on them

Anonymous

Forgot: I have a "Made in Japan" label on the neck of the guitar.

Anonymous

I have owned my Daion Model #L-999 since 1984. They were distributed by MCI, Inc., P.O. Box 8053, Waco, Texas 76710 Phone (817)772-4450 according to the brochure I grabbed when I bought it. I don’t know if they are still around. I finally pulled the old guitar out and marveled at it’s quality and detailed inlaid wood work. I was wondering myself if these guitars were still being manufactured. At the time I bought it the salesman had said the name was probably going to change because "Daion" was not catching on here. Anyway, good luck and please let me know what you find out.

Anonymous

Is this site still operating ? If so, I have much information on Daion Guitars. Baz Walker

Anonymous

To answer your question I was told by a guitar dealer in Nashville, TN that Daion guitars were made in Germany. They are the best guitar that I have ever played and I have one that I would never get rid of.: for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion. : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful. : Martin Åsvik

Anonymous

I was given a Daion by a friend. I really love this little guitar. I was tolled that the one I have is a Auditorium Accoustic. It has a smaller body but the sound is unbelivable. I don’t care how much it is worth because it is priceless to me. I almost never have to tune it, she can hold a tune for weeks sometimes it is simple a amazing guitar.

Anonymous

: What would you like to know about Daion Guitars? I have owned two in the early 80’s and researched them some. I’ve even spoken with the company representative that imported them at one point.

Hi there. I picked up a pretty little acoustic guitar in Edmonton Canada. Its medium to small in size, And is finished in a Dark Mahogany color all over.The wood is mahogany on the back and sides. straight grained wood on the sound board possibly pine, it has a wood inlay around the sound hole, Rosewood fret board with two mother of pearl maltese cross type markers at the fifth fret position , no other markings on the neck, The head has very nice sealed tuners With what looks to be a yamaki design on them, The head also bears this design carved into it. AY092 and 103554 are numbers inside on the neck heel piece
      any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
      🙂

Anonymous

Doug,
      I would really like you to e-mail me copies of the brochures. < [email protected] >
      A good freind of mine bought a DAION 6 string accoustic secondhand about 15 years ago with a hard case for £75 (yes he’s a naturally lucky B_____D!) It has a rosewood body and some sort of flame grained top, might be maple. It has an oval sound hole, brass nut & bridge, a dark stain finish and gold tuners with Daion’s symbol on them. It sounds as good as it looks unusual. It is numbered and marked inside but it is indecipherable.

Anonymous

What would you like to know about Daion Guitars? I have owned two in the early 80’s and researched them some. I’ve even spoken with the company representative that imported them at one point.

Anonymous

: What would you like to know about Daion Guitars? I have owned two in the early 80’s and researched them some. I’ve even spoken with the company representative that imported them at one point. re: Hello ..Im Stephanie Southern Rocker! Also a owner of One of thease sweet & rare….babies! Eletic- 6 String Its Cream & Brown pick gard..and one of the starngest body styles Anybody ever seen around here! The bottom of the body is like the top of a heart…then it slops backwards….The rest..sort looks like a starat..well kinda ..lol…Love to have ANY INFO!!!! on the company that makes this little sweetheart! & a Pic- Would Turly Rock! §~=^..^=~§ My home page:http;//www.angelfire.com/music3/mamakittykatt/

Anonymous

: What would you like to know about Daion Guitars? I have owned two in the early 80’s and researched them some. I’ve even spoken with the company representative that imported them at one point. Is this site still operating ? If so, I have loads of info on Daion Guitars.

Anonymous

I own a Daion Mandolin which is a great little instrument.
      I too would like to know a little about Daion but have been so far been unsuccessful finding
      anything on the net.

Anonymous

: I own a Daion Mandolin which is a great little instrument. : I too would like to know a little about Daion but have been so far been unsuccessful finding : anything on the net. You have not looked at this site then! http://home.att.net/~daion/index.html That’s my site, Daions Online, where you can find out as much as we can dig up on these mysterious instruments. They are rare, they are great and they went out of business in 1984 due to poor management, as best as can be deduced. We also have an emeil list and soon to come an owners’ gallery that will feature pics, serial numbers and locations to help us try to figure out how many Daions are actually out there.

Anonymous

The website you need to go to first is [email protected]. He has one of the best Daion sites available, and is currently involved in a project to locate and track any instruments produced by the now defunct Japanese Daion company during their short span of operation. Anyone needing info should contact this site.

Anonymous

I purchased an "81 Caribou" in 1981, six string model, and used it for years. Traded it in the early ’90’s and have regretted it ever since. It was a beautiful guitar as well as a very good playing instrument. Daion no longer makes guitars for the name, instead, I believe they make guitars for Gretch now…or at least did for a while. I’m looking for another one now but they are hard to find…

: for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion.
      : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful.
      : Martin Åsvik

Anonymous

i own 4 daion guitars 12 string 6 string mkII electric and 555 headhunter love them

Anonymous

I currently own a Daion. I’ve had it since 1987, but I don’t know that much about it. I bought it from a friend in High School when I was first learning to play. It is a great looking guitar, but the unusual neck joint has always had problems. If anyone can give me some info on these instruments I would appreciate it. : : : for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion. : : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful. : : Martin Åsvik

Anonymous

: : for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion.
      : : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful.
      : : Martin Åsvik

I too have a Daion guitar purchased from a pawn shop in Perth. The required price was 00 but with a bit of bartering I managed to pick it up for 50! This one is obviously a Headhunter555 semi accoustic double cutaway. I gathered this after reading of a similar one on the Harmony Central website.It is as close a copy of the gibson 335 as you could get and plays just as well. It’s black in colour with white piping and silver hardware. The guitar is excellent for it’s age and the action as good as anything I’ve played (that includes the 335)I had never heard of a Daion before I got this one but after owning a few guitars over many years it is the best value for money I’ve ever had. I too would be interested if someone has any info. on this particular model. Should one of you Daion owners be interested enough to require a photo, I would be only too pleased to oblige

Lenzo

Anonymous

I have two Daion guitars, one is a bass and the other a six string electric. I got them both from a local guitar shop. Although not sure of the model I do know that they are a matching pair, Rather odd I Thought, both coming through the same store within a one year period. Please be so kind if you could email me back if you might know what make they are… They are both red, colour of choice, with silver pick guards that seem to take up most of the guitar. The six string has two dif. knobs one that switches between pick ups and another that switches between bass and treble, I beleive. and way they both have dark wood necks and metallic dot inlays. They both are shapped rather odd with what almost look like horns at the top of the body and then two little humps, i guess you could say at the bottom. I beleive someone once told me it could be like a Mach something, well I’m not sure but If any one can help out I WOULD BE THANKFUL FOREVER. Because I get tired of lying and telling people it was costom made…. No one else knows anybetter Thank you– Edward

Anonymous

: I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful.

Anonymous

Yeah, I have one of the strangest guitars in the business. I picked it up in a pawn shop in Hudson, Fla in about 1986 or 87. It had rusted strings that were 3/4" off the pickups so it couldn’t be tried out. I did recognize it had PAF pickups with single/double toggles with the std Les Paul config. The body is laminated with a red wood with natural maple or something and has a minimum of 12 laminates for the body and a laminated neck that runs the entire length. Gold hardware. I figured it was worth something just because of the workmanship it had in it. The guy sold it to me for 50.00, and when I got it home I put new pots in the volume and tones. This guitar displaced my vintage Les Paul because it did everything the L.P. did, plus had the single/doub. option, and it weighed 4 lbs. less. Haven’t heard much about the company but with this kind of workmanship it had to go bankrupt or sell them for thousands. No, I won’t take 00 for it…

Anonymous

My husband Scott and I purchased a Daion this past fall. We have also been trying to find out information on it through the web. My searches so far have indicated that the guitar powermark-xx that we purchased was probably manufactured by the Daion guitar co. in Garland Texas sometime during the mid to late 70’s, shortly before the company sold out of buisness to what is now known as Ibanez Guitars.I have heard rumor that there was some sort of copyright infringement due to the distinct similarity of the Daion to the more popular Les Paul guitars. I am searching more sites every day to find more in detail information to tell the true story of the Daion guitar. By the way, we wouldn;t take a thousand dollars foe our Daion.The only thing more beautiful than the way it looks and feels, is the music it makes….: Yeah, I have one of the strangest guitars in the business. I picked it up in a pawn shop in Hudson, Fla in about 1986 or 87. It had rusted strings that were 3/4" off the pickups so it couldn’t be tried out. I did recognize it had PAF pickups with single/double toggles with the std Les Paul config. The body is laminated with a red wood with natural maple or something and has a minimum of 12 laminates for the body and a laminated neck that runs the entire length. Gold hardware. I figured it was worth something just because of the workmanship it had in it. The guy sold it to me for $250.00, and when I got it home I put new pots in the volume and tones. This guitar displaced my vintage Les Paul because it did everything the L.P. did, plus had the single/doub. option, and it weighed 4 lbs. less. Haven’t heard much about the company but with this kind of workmanship it had to go bankrupt or sell them for thousands. No, I won’t take $500 for it… : : for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion. : : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful. : : Martin Åsvik

Anonymous

Guess what, I am also the proud owner of a strange looking guitar called Daion. I have no idea which model it is or what it’s worth, if anyone knows where I can find out more about this item of mine, please let me know.

Anonymous

I have been impressed by the number of daion websites I have been able to find through "ask jeeves" at ask.com. I own a beautiful powermark XX and have had many offer for much more than my original cost. It’s the sweetest sounding electric I have ever heard, to me it is priceless.

Anonymous

I have matching 6 string / 12 string acoustics. I have
      a copy of a sales brochure from the early 80’s that lists
      models & prices with pictures. I have scaned it. If anyone
      would like an electronic copy send e-mail. I would consider
      selling the pair together for a reasonable offer. Anyone
      interested in that may request picture of my guitars.
      : : : Last week a friend of mine give her "old" guitar. This a acoutic Dion.
      : : : And yes it s a Japanese guitar.
      : : : I don’t know the Dion web site but you can find comments about Daion on http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Daion/

: : : Like you are, I m looking for more information about Dion.

: :
      : : :
      : : : : for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion.
      : : : : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful.
      : : : : Martin Åsvik
      : I,too have a wonderful six string small body daion.Got it in the mid 80’s.Would’nt trade it for any taylor or martin!

Anonymous

I am not sure if im 20yrs too late lol doug posted he has sales brochures for Daions. I recently received my dads 12 string acoustic Daion. YW30m. He bought it in the 1980’s unsure what yr. if anyone has any info on this guitar that would be awesome.

Anonymous

I have an 80 Mark V one of the best acoustics I ever played.

Anonymous

I Have one of these beauties too – Just how valuable are they to the novice collector? I paid $75 for mine about 6 years ago just because it was so different and haven’t regretted it – it is in really good visual and playing condition and that’s why I bought it – to play in a duo/trio situation – but never did — in your honest opinion, what do you think the top line Mark V with all it’s upgraded specifications over the Mark 1 – 4 series is worth generally Jim

Anonymous

I have owned a Daion ’82 for 19 years and have not heard or felt better; living room, amplified, studio … rich, full sound … warm bass, bright high ends .. wouldn’t take for it … don’t remember what I paid for it or what it’s worth .. I would like to see a copy of the brochures you have .. thanks! : I have matching 6 string / 12 string acoustics. I have : a copy of a sales brochure from the early 80’s that lists : models & prices with pictures. I have scaned it. If anyone : would like an electronic copy send e-mail. I would consider : selling the pair together for a reasonable offer. Anyone : interested in that may request picture of my guitars. : : : : Last week a friend of mine give her "old" guitar. This a acoutic Dion. : : : : And yes it s a Japanese guitar. : : : : I don’t know the Dion web site but you can find comments about Daion on http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Daion/ : : : : Like you are, I m looking for more information about Dion. : : : : : : : : : : : : for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion. : : : : : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful. : : : : : Martin Åsvik : : I,too have a wonderful six string small body daion.Got it in the mid 80’s.Would’nt trade it for any taylor or martin!

Anonymous

Daion guitars were produced in Japan in the same factory that produced Washburn Electrics. They were distributed in the USA by a conpany in Texas. There were two solidbodies, The Power XX and the Headhunter.Daion adsverts are common in mid-80’2 magazines sucj as Guitar Player. I have a Dark Green Transparent MarkXX. I bought it from my old boss Rudy Pensa, of Rudy’s Music Stop in NYC. I bought the guitar because it had been played in the store by Randy Rhaods, shortly before his death. He would have bought one had they been available in black.

Anonymous

Hey there Doug, Yeah, I’m scanning for Daion Info too. I would really appreciate a copy of your brouchure, if it’s not too much trouble([email protected]). I just had my best friend of 8 years (a Daion 6 string electric/acoustic) stolen from my car yesterday. I picked it up at a hock shop in Perth, WA a thousand years ago for AU$350.00 and I’ve never found another guitar that felt as good to play. I’m ultimately trying to track down a model number and approx. value to clarify the police reports, and my own search efforts. Any help would be great. Thanks for your time, Joel.

Anonymous

: I have matching 6 string / 12 string acoustics. I have : a copy of a sales brochure from the early 80’s that lists : models & prices with pictures. I have scaned it. If anyone : would like an electronic copy send e-mail. I would consider : selling the pair together for a reasonable offer. Anyone : interested in that may request picture of my guitars. : : : : Last week a friend of mine give her "old" guitar. This a acoutic Dion. : : : : And yes it s a Japanese guitar. : : : : I don’t know the Dion web site but you can find comments about Daion on http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Daion/ : : : : Like you are, I m looking for more information about Dion. : : : : : : : : : : : : for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion. : : : : : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful. : : : : : Martin Åsvik : : I,too have a wonderful six string small body daion.Got it in the mid 80’s.Would’nt trade it for any taylor or martin! Doug, Ive got a Powermark XX I bought in 1988 and would never part with it. Could I please get a copy of your sales brochure. Info on these guitars is very rare.

Anonymous

: : Last week a friend of mine give her "old" guitar. This a acoutic Dion.
      : : And yes it s a Japanese guitar.
      : : I don’t know the Dion web site but you can find comments about Daion on http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Daion/

: : Like you are, I m looking for more information about Dion.

:
      : :
      : : : for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion.
      : : : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful.
      : : : Martin Åsvik
      I,too have a wonderful six string small body daion.Got it in the mid 80’s.Would’nt trade it for any taylor or martin!

Anonymous

Hey people, how y’all doing? I own a Power Mark XX and it is a beauty. (9 piece neck thru with hunter green wings) Looks like a prs from afar but I’ve been told they sound better!! Anyways you’re all wrong!! They are definitely not japanese guitars! They were all built in a little shop in Waco, Texas, but like someone else put, they were all hand made and the company finally went under!! I work with a guy named John Carruthers (he built and owns the original machine to make strat necks for clapton’s "blackie"). He has inspected and setup my Daion and offered me quite a few thousand for it but I would never give it up ever! Plus I got it from an old teacher for $180. Anyway, if there is a way to get in touch with the original makers, I will offer 5-10K for another one with a floyd! Peace, Love, and Metal Mark

Anonymous

I have a “78 Heritage Daion in Red. It appears to be spruce top with red dye and possibly a rosewood back and sides, but it is hard to tell since that is also dyed red.

Beautiful instrument and plays exceptionally well.

I would like to sell it. I recently asked an appraiser what he thought it would go for and he thinks it is worth upwards of $3,000.

Any interest?

Thanks,

Andy

Anonymous

Daion’s ARE japanese guitars. I have copies of a catalog on my computer. It features the Caribou and Gazelle electric/acoustic guitars from 1981. Definitely hand made, definitely in Japan. Towards their end they were selling them at bellow cost out of Texas and all over the place. I have spoken with those who personally met the sellers (many years ago) The company was trying to get whatever they could out of the company. That is why they can be bought very cheap, most original owners paid very little. My Caribou was bought for only $500 Canadian ($350 American)A local luthier has estimated it’s new value in the $2000 CDN plus range by todays standards. As mine is (with a nice hole where a pick guard could have been) he still put it’s value at $600-$800 CDN. They are amazing guitars, do NOT sell yours if you have one. Everyone greatly regrets getting rid of theirs !!! Watch ebay for them. The prices are climbing though. Daion means 1. great sound of enlightenment. 2.big sound. Both describe a Daion very well !!!

Anonymous

I have owned a Daion Mark II electric for about 10 years now. It is my first and only electric that I have owned. I purchased it from a guitar instructor here in Canada for about $150. At the time he told me that they were made here in Gastown, but I think that is incorrect (as I believe they are Japanese). The thing I have always liked about the guitar is it’s ease of play. It has always sounded excellent and is very smooth and natural to play. I will be restoring mine soon as I feel it is very unique.

Anonymous

I have more or less the complete history of Daion Guitars. I also own five different models. The guitars were made in 1975/1976. If anyone requires any information, please do not hesitate to contact me. Every model produced was exceptional in quality and sound. Regards, Baz Walker : : : Last week a friend of mine give her "old" guitar. This a acoutic Dion. : : : And yes it s a Japanese guitar. : : : I don’t know the Dion web site but you can find comments about Daion on http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Daion/ : : : Like you are, I m looking for more information about Dion. : : : : : : : : : for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion. : : : : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful. : : : : Martin Åsvik : I,too have a wonderful six string small body daion.Got it in the mid 80’s.Would’nt trade it for any taylor or martin!

Anonymous

How do you date these guitars?

Anonymous

Howdy. I HOPE you are still around, and might be able to enlighten me. I have a 12 string Daion acoustic dreadnought, that has Mark 1 on the inside. Don’t see any Serial numbers. Could you help me identify this? Thanks so much!

Anonymous

I have a mach II Daion Electric that sounds amazing, with original hardcover and custom brass tuning heads. I am wanting to sell it, are there any Daion enthusiast willing to make me an offer?

Anonymous

In 1984 I bought a Daion Guitar on the East Coast of Canada. It was the first instrument I bought out of my hard earned money, I guess that’s why the thing means so much…. not to mention the fact of how wonderful the Daion sounds, with its rich deep tones. I have had so many comments on my Daion, it’s too bad that the little Japanese company couldn’t make a go of it, I heard that the company fell on hard times, and went out of business. It’s a real loss ! It’s so nice to know that there are those who have an appreciation for well made and fine sounding instruments!

Anonymous

Hello, I have owned a Yamaki Diaon model AY079. I bought it new in 1984 and just love it. I am a senior from Ontario Canada. It is black with brass inlay all around the body and it does not have a sticker inside the sound hole, it has a wood id tag. I paid around 600.00 back then. Fantastic guitar and the fret board doesn’t seem to wear much. It does not have a pic guard (from factory) just can’t find any info on it. Hoping you know about my guitar. Thank you

Anonymous

Hey there, I too have one of these rare birds. It’s a Power Mark II with neck-through construction, several exotic woods and an active EMG pickup system arranged in the classic Les Paul configuration. From a distance, it looks somewhat like a PRS, save for the more rounded headstock. A friend of mine just sort of gave it to me a while ago and truthfully, as long as I keep fresh nine volts in it, the beast truely rocks and no one has ever seen one, let alone heard of ’em which is what brings me here. If I ever run across another one of these, there’s no doubt I’ll find some way to get my grubby fingers on it.

Anonymous

: Hey, I have a power mark xx also had it since 85. and is still one of the best guitars I have and use. Particularly when hooked up to a line 6 do everything type amp! I have seen another in an Amsterdam Guitar store in 87′ however I have never seen any other Daion guitar’s since then, who are they? and have any of their makers defected to other companies or do they make instruments for other companies? More information please. Regards from England Steve Raines

Anonymous

I have a Daion Bass guitar that I bought in 1981. I played it professionally for 5 years. It’s a terrific instrument. I haven’t seen a better built or better looking guitar to date. They are quite rare although I don’t know that they are worth much, but it is a quality instrument and that doesn’t go out of style. Enjoy!

: Last week a friend of mine give her "old" guitar. This a acoutic Dion.
      : And yes it s a Japanese guitar.
      : I don’t know the Dion web site but you can find comments about Daion on http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Daion/

: Like you are, I m looking for more information about Dion.

:
      : : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful.

Anonymous

I, too, once owned and played a daion bass and I must admit that it was one of the finest basses that I have ever played. Unfortunately, I sold it some 20 years or so ago and now use only Rickenbacker. I will, however, say this: If I EVER find one again I will not hesitate to buy the rascal!! Chuck Alexander

Anonymous

: Last week a friend of mine give her "old" guitar. This a acoutic Dion.
      : And yes it s a Japanese guitar.
      : I don’t know the Dion web site but you can find comments about Daion on http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Daion/

: Like you are, I m looking for more information about Dion.

:

Anonymous

Elliot is correct, they are handmade Japanese guitars of impeccable quality. Mark is right in that they were based in Waco, and later moved north to Garland, TX. They were actually manufactured in Japan, though, not in a little shop in TX. Anyone knowing anyone with actual physical ties to Daion? We are trying to figure out how many were made and making a serial number list that will eventually be part of an owners’ gallery that will feature pics of all known Daions, owners names and locations. You can email me above if you like.

Anonymous

Hi there. I too have a Daion guitar, a 12 string. My wife and I love it. We got it about 18 years ago, and since then we have only seen 1 like it. We have seen 2 6 string modeels though.
      Like you; I would like to find out more info on the breed. I met a man at one of the jamborees we frequent, who claims to have a book on Daion guitars, but I didn’t get to ask him if I could see it sometime, or borrow it.
      The next time I see him I will certainly make a point of asking him, and then I can get back to you.

Larry

Anonymous

: : for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion. : : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful. : : Martin Åsvik : Hi there. I too have a Daion guitar, a 12 string. My wife and I love it. We got it about 18 years ago, and since then we have only seen 1 like it. We have seen 2 6 string modeels though. : Like you; I would like to find out more info on the breed. I met a man at one of the jamborees we frequent, who claims to have a book on Daion guitars, but I didn’t get to ask him if I could see it sometime, or borrow it. : The next time I see him I will certainly make a point of asking him, and then I can get back to you. : Larry I bought a Daion Power Mark XX-B bass back in 1983 and new nothing about the brand Daion.It had a multi-layered neck thru dark and light colored wood design,gold and brass hardware,and a 3-layered dark and light wood body(pretty close to a P-Bass shape).Its the only bass i have owned because I have never seen another bass with action as good as this one.I am curious to find out anything I can about this company.

Anonymous

Last week a friend of mine give her "old" guitar. This a acoutic Dion.
      And yes it s a Japanese guitar.
      I don’t know the Dion web site but you can find comments about Daion on http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Daion/

Like you are, I m looking for more information about Dion.

Anonymous

: Last week a friend of mine give her "old" guitar. This a acoutic Dion. : And yes it s a Japanese guitar. : I don’t know the Dion web site but you can find comments about Daion on http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Daion/ : Like you are, I m looking for more information about Dion. : : : for quite some time i’ve own a quite strange looking guitar ,a Daion. : : I have heard that it’s a japanese make but i’m not sure?.I tried to find a Daion site on the net but haven’t been sucsesful ,if any one could tell me anything about Daion guitars or tell me about a site where i could find information i would be very grateful. : : Martin Åsvik I buy Daion acoustic guitars. Any condition, Any Price. If anyone has a Daion and wants to sell it please call me at 530-624-5946. Dann Rogers Denver, Colorado

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.