Anyone know more details about Mexican Fender Serial Numbers?

Posted by Mark H on Sat, 12/20/03 - 04:54:27.

Hey Forum,

I have a 60's Reissue Mexican Strat. The serial number reads "MN8". Fender started production of these models in 1999. Guess that makes me pretty confident about owning a first run one.
Does anyone know if Fender's Mexican serial numbers work the same way the US serial numbers do? (factory number, exact day, etc?) Thanks gang, would really appreciate some insight to this one, it's kinda making me nuts.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Anyone know more details about Mexican Fender Serial Numbers?

M ==> Mexico
N ==> 1990
8 ==> 1998

the rest is just the # w/nothing to due w/day produced

: Hey Forum,

: I have a 60's Reissue Mexican Strat. The serial number reads "MN8". Fender started production of these models in 1999. Guess that makes me pretty confident about owning a first run one.
: Does anyone know if Fender's Mexican serial numbers work the same way the US serial numbers do? (factory number, exact day, etc?) Thanks gang, would really appreciate some insight to this one, it's kinda making me nuts.

: Hey Forum,

: I have a 60's Reissue Mexican Strat. The serial number reads "MN8". Fender started production of these models in 1999. Guess that makes me pretty confident about owning a first run one.
: Does anyone know if Fender's Mexican serial numbers work the same way the US serial numbers do? (factory number, exact day, etc?) Thanks gang, would really appreciate some insight to this one, it's kinda making me nuts.

I have a Mexican Fender with the serial number starting with 'MN9' reading MN9 121690. I found a site that let me know it was produced in 1999. seems if the serial number starts with MN8-9 then it is mexican made in either 1998-99'. here is the URL- http://www.kellyindustries.com/manufacturers/fender_serial_numbers.html
hope that helps

: Hello,

: I have a Mexican Strat. The serial number is MN000206 , I bouth it from some guy and he also didn't knew when it was made . Thanx

I have one too

I have a sunburst 60's Strat® MN810**** as well and its the best built strat I own, and I have vintage, expensive versions!
Its in mint condition I bought it for $399 and its 2 piece alder. The only upgrade I did was put in Custom Shop 69's in it and now its a perfect guitar all around!
Absolutely love it, dark dark varnish too on neck, beautiful..
And man you should hear that thing ..just perfect. Needless to say I baby her

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.