Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics KAY N-1 archtop…can anyone date it?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just bought a Kay N-1 archtop, serial number L1657, in mint condition, all original, with original case. Paid 5. Just wondering the year. My guess is early-1960s. Does anyone have a reference for dating it?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Thanks for the info. I know it’s not a terribly exciting guitar, nor very valuable, but it’s in exceptional playing condition. A nice addition to my collection.

Anonymous

: Thanks for the info. I know it’s not a terribly exciting guitar, nor very valuable, but it’s in exceptional playing condition. A nice addition to my collection. From Andrew, you’re welcome. Yes, and enjoy the guitar.

Anonymous

A standard 9 volt battery like the energiser has approximately 595mH (milliamp hours) of life. Now an average EMG 81 say has a current draw of around 0.08mA (milliamps) now if you take 595 and divide it by 0.08 this will give you 7437.5 hours, divide this by 2 pickups and you have 3718 hours if you have a perfect system, which is never the case. To find your current draw you need a multi meter which can measure micro amps. Disconnect one terminal from the battery clip and put the multimeter leads, one on the battery terminal and one on the clip terminal. This should give you a current reading which you can then work out you battery life… Tone MasterTone Pickups

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.