Old Guitar info please

Posted by Steve Taylor on Sat, 12/27/03 - 18:55:15.

I have an old guitar with no name on it but a model number of: 5DC5915 and this is the only info on it. it is an acoustic guitar. If anyone can help me find more info on it please email me at sdtaylor@mvtel.net many thanks for any help offered.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Yamaha FG-420-L six string

I have an old Yamaha FG-420-L (six string) from 1978. Wondering if you have any info on it (value, quality, etc.)
It is a left handed guitar.

Thanks, Carm

I have the same guitar, it plays great but I am also having a hard time finding any info on it. i got it in 98 is it really from 78? let me know if you find any info.

hey, i have one of those too, but right handed. i'm not sure the year though...any feedback yet?

I learned that Yamaha still makes these guitars. Every 10 years they repaeat the model. I think the equivalent model is 422FG. Mine was made in 1976.

If you go to Yamaha Guitar website and enter the serial number inside the guitar, they can tell you what years they were made. these models were made in 1976, 1986 and 1996.
I paide about $339.00 for it in 1978.

: I learned that Yamaha still makes these guitars. Every 10 years they repaeat the model. I think the equivalent model is 422FG. Mine was made in 1976.

: If you go to Yamaha Guitar website and enter the serial number inside the guitar, they can tell you what years they were made. these models were made in 1976, 1986 and 1996.
: I paide about $339.00 for it in 1978.

I also have a FG-420. Bought mine used about 1984. Paid 125. I'm having the same problem finding info and value. Also can't find a serial number either. Where is it exactly? Mine plays great and is in excellent condition.

Where is it exactly? Mine plays great and is in excellent condition.
You can find the serial number inside the guitar at the end of the neck. You might need a flash light to see it.

Re: Old Guitar info please

Guild: acoustic, m/n 430NT, s/n 60208, would like to know what year it was made?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.