Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics How to put on a guitar strap.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I got a guitar for Christmas and it came with this shoulder strap but I can’t put it on. I can put the one end on with like hole in it but there’s no place to tie on the other end. If anyone can understand what I’m saying I could use some help.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jason
      Participant
      Anonymous

Ditto- I’m in the same fix!

Anonymous

you’re such an idiot

Anonymous

on most guitars they either have a metal screw on both sides of you guitar one on the bottom of the neck and one at the very bottom of the guitar these are to put the holes of the straps through. but in some other cases they only have one on the very bottom if so you shold have a guitar strap that has a shoe string type thing on the end of it (if it doesnt you can just tie one to it), so take that end and tie it on the top of the neck right behind the nut(the white thing before the first fret). i hope this helps.

Anonymous

Thanks a lot. Finally I can put this strap on. Thnaks again. : on most guitars they either have a metal screw on both sides of you guitar one on the bottom of the neck and one at the very bottom of the guitar these are to put the holes of the straps through. but in some other cases they only have one on the very bottom if so you shold have a guitar strap that has a shoe string type thing on the end of it (if it doesnt you can just tie one to it), so take that end and tie it on the top of the neck right behind the nut(the white thing before the first fret). i hope this helps.

Anonymous

thank u thank u thank u! : Thanks a lot. Finally I can put this strap on. Thnaks again. : : on most guitars they either have a metal screw on both sides of you guitar one on the bottom of the neck and one at the very bottom of the guitar these are to put the holes of the straps through. but in some other cases they only have one on the very bottom if so you shold have a guitar strap that has a shoe string type thing on the end of it (if it doesnt you can just tie one to it), so take that end and tie it on the top of the neck right behind the nut(the white thing before the first fret). i hope this helps.

Anonymous

You’d think that they’d give you some instructions or something but they don’t. It’s so inconsiderate.

Anonymous

Planet Waves makes a neat little item that will take care of your problem. It’s called the Acoustic guitar quick-release system. It’s much better than the shoe lace thing, which can come untied and…. well you don’t want to drop your guitar, do you? You should be able to find this at just about any guitar shop, for less than $5.00. Good luck and enjoy your guitar!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.