CHANGING ELECTRIC STRINGS

Posted by goho on Thu, 01/01/04 - 11:09:09.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE STRINGS

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: CHANGING ELECTRIC STRINGS

I generally do it one atatime

: CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE STRINGS

Yeah i have the same prob

Yeah i have the same prob

: CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE STRINGS

This is pretty laborious so i'll make it compact!

Unwind all the strings (do it 1 from each end alternately as this reduces the risk of your neck bending).

They should go back through holes in the bridge setup and through holes behind this on the back of the guitar.

To re-string, starting with low-E, then high-E (and so on, A, B, D, G) pass the new string through the corresponding hole in the back of the guitar, pull tight, then pass through the eye of the tuning head. Leave some slack (enough for about 3 turns of the head), then start turning clockwise. Keep the string tight and try to secure the end of the string by overlapping the turns of the tuning head (not sure i understand that myself!!)

Finally, cut the string end down to size using cutters or whatever. Repeat for each string. Hope this helps (having read my instructions, sure it won't!!)

setup of bridge on washburn maverick series bt-2 electric guitar

can someone coach me on how to adjust the bridge so this thing will stay in tune?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.