Re: how date a yamaha FG180

Posted by Andrew Listmayer on Mon, 10/11/04 - 20:08:07.

: I have a yamaha fg180 serial number 919008. What is the year is was made. RET

Reply: Yamaha does not have serial number information, but your model was probably made in the very early 70's, like 1970 - 72. What else do you know about it's history?

One of the guitars I play is a 1971 FG150 purchased by a family member, and the 180 was from around the same time.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Hilgen amplifiers

HILGEN WAS AN OFF SHOOT OF AMPEG..A CROSS BETWEEN MARSHALL VOX AND AMPEG...BEST RYTHM AMP AVAILABLE FOR A DIFFERNT TONE....VALUE CONTINUES TO RISE QUICKLY..

: HI
Yes I own several Hilgen amps and did some research
Hilgen was a small amp company from New Jersey in the early sixties they only made a few models single twelve and 2- twelve they made one cool 2-12 model that had a head that swiveled down into the cabinet the circuits look similar to ampeg but they were not affiliated with them
what models do you have I have a catalog that tells the correct tubes etc E mail mer if you need more info

: HI
Yes I own several Hilgen amps and did some research
Hilgen was a small amp company from New Jersey in the early sixties they only made a few models single twelve and 2- twelve they made one cool 2-12 model that had a head that swiveled down into the cabinet the circuits look similar to ampeg but they were not affiliated with them
what models do you have I have a catalog that tells the correct tubes etc E mail mer if you need more info

: I own two amps from a company called Hilgen and would like some info about the company .thank you for your help

Hey! I also have HILGEN amps among others. I have been looking and talking to other grpous/clubs and can find nothing on these amps. Will let you know whenever I do find something. I just had my third HILGEN delivered today!

CYA!

guitarguy@wirefire.com

: I own two amps from a company called Hilgen and would like some info about the company .thank you for your help

I've wondered about them too. My first amp, back in about 1966, was a Hilgen Basso Grande. It was a 2-12 piggy-back with 2 channels. I bought it "new" for about $150 in a pawn shop in Santa Monica. I've only ever seen one other. It had these strange latches the attached the head to the cabinet. I always had to unlatch them, though, because the vibration from the cab would rattle the tubes.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.