Giannini Ukuleles

Posted by E Mayo on Thu, 01/01/04 - 18:12:16.

I am considering the purchase of a Giannini baritone ukulele but am not familiar with that company. I have not bee able to find anything about it on the internet but know that it makes or made baritone ukes and was based in Brazil. It also supplied a company called "Emerson" with such instruments for sale in the US.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Giannini Ukuleles

: I am considering the purchase of a Giannini baritone ukulele but am not familiar with that company. I have not bee able to find anything about it on the internet but know that it makes or made baritone ukes and was based in Brazil. It also supplied a company called "Emerson" with such instruments for sale in the US.

I bought a Giannini Ukulele about 30 years ago and was told at the time they were very hard to find in the states, but you could find them in Puerta Rico. I still have mine and it is in excellent condition! It's beautiful and has a wonderful tone like no other ukulele I've ever heard.

I am considering purchasing a Giannini baritone ukulele but I'm not familiar with that company. I have not been able to find anything about it on the internet but know that the company makes or made baritone ukes based in Brazil. Giannini also supplied a company called "Emerson" with their instruments for sale in the US. What is the quailty say to a Martin and or Harmony?

Value

My father which passed left me a Giannini Baritone Ukulele made in Brazil on August 17, 1972 .
Does any one know the value of this?
Thanks

Giannini

Jose Feliciano often used nylon-string guitars by Giannini, if that's any indication of their quality and reputation.

Giannini Baritone Ukelele

I recently came across a Giannini Baritone Ukelele at a yard sale - thought it was interesting and, I would like to find some information about the manufacturer, instrument, whatever may be available. Not much on Internet. Here is what the inside labeling says:

Giannini Baritone Ukelele
Made in Brazil
Tanquillo Giannini S.A.
C.G.C. 61.196.19/0001-76
RUA Carlos Weber 184
Sao Paulo, Brazil

On the top of the guitar is a signature in gold color that says Giannini 1900 . I did find information on the Giannini Company that said it was founded in 1900 (so I assume this is just an indicated of who manufactured the uke).

Not looking to sell but, being the curious individual that I am - I'd like whatever info may be out there. Thank you for your time and consideration to anyone who may have some info.

Baritone Giannini Ukulele

I own a Baritone Giannini Ukulele made in Brazil--Merson Musical Products. Can you tell me what its current value would be.

Sincerely,

Sue

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.