What Kind of SG do I Have?

Posted by Frank Ruiz on Tue, 01/06/04 - 16:54:53.

I have a 70's or late 60's Gibson SG. I can't seem to find out what model it is. It has the little half moon pickguard, dot inlays, and get this 2 mini-humbuckers, they could be single coil though, I just don't know. It has the famous burgundy-maroon finish. Please help me I.D this guitar.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: What Kind of SG do I Have?

: I have a 70's or late 60's Gibson SG. I can't seem to find out what model it is. It has the little half moon pickguard, dot inlays, and get this 2 mini-humbuckers, they could be single coil though, I just don't know. It has the famous burgundy-maroon finish. Please help me I.D this guitar. I forgot to mention that this guitar also has a Bigsby Vibrato with the Gibson Logo Engraved on it.

on the back of the headstock there are serial numbers stamped in the wood. these numbers tell you things about the guitar.
i think either the blue book gitar site has info on that, or gibson does. actually i think gibson has a link that explains the numbers for various guitars.

my SG has numbers something like this:

7xxx9xxx

the first digit is for 7o's i think? the 9 is for '79.

i can't remember all the differences, and sometimes the numbers meant something different too, so you'd do best to look it up. it would be at www.gibson.com i think.

: : I have a 70's or late 60's Gibson SG. I can't seem to find out what model it is. It has the little half moon pickguard, dot inlays, and get this 2 mini-humbuckers, they could be single coil though, I just don't know. It has the famous burgundy-maroon finish. Please help me I.D this guitar. I forgot to mention that this guitar also has a Bigsby Vibrato with the Gibson Logo Engraved on it.

: on the back of the headstock there are serial numbers stamped in the wood. these numbers tell you things about the guitar.
: i think either the blue book gitar site has info on that, or gibson does. actually i think gibson has a link that explains the numbers for various guitars.

: my SG has numbers something like this:

: 7xxx9xxx

: the first digit is for 7o's i think? the 9 is for '79.

: i can't remember all the differences, and sometimes the numbers meant something different too, so you'd do best to look it up. it would be at www.gibson.com i think.

: : : I have a 70's or late 60's Gibson SG. I can't seem to find out what model it is. It has the little half moon pickguard, dot inlays, and get this 2 mini-humbuckers, they could be single coil though, I just don't know. It has the famous burgundy-maroon finish. Please help me I.D this guitar. I forgot to mention that this guitar also has a Bigsby Vibrato with the Gibson Logo Engraved on it.

i have a sg rare

mi guitar have 8 numbers but a word SEC please send me info.

: : my SG has numbers something like this:

: : 7xxx9xxx

: : the first digit is for 7o's i think? the 9 is for '79.

: : i can't remember all the differences, and sometimes the numbers meant something different too, so you'd do best to look it up. it would be at www.gibson.com i think.

: : : : I have a 70's or late 60's Gibson SG. I can't seem to find out what model it is. It has the little half moon pickguard, dot inlays, and get this 2 mini-humbuckers, they could be single coil though, I just don't know. It has the famous burgundy-maroon finish. Please help me I.D this guitar. I forgot to mention that this guitar also has a Bigsby Vibrato with the Gibson Logo Engraved on it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.