Yamaha FG-340 Info

Posted by Kev on Fri, 01/09/04 - 09:52:30.

I just got a Yamaha FG-340 from a friend for free. I know it's old but in pristine shape. Im just curious, whats the value, sound quality, is this just a normal bottom of the pile acoustic? Any info would be much apreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Yamaha FG-340 Info

Check ou al the reviews of this at:
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Yamaha/FG-340-01.html

most of them has the price paid and how long they have owned the guitar. Average score 9.5 out of 10 BTW ....

I have had this guitar for 19 years now. I want to treat myself to a new acc for the big '40' and have found myself looking at guitars over 800GBP to get something that to my mind is an improvement in tone and clarity, The fact you can pick these things up for circa 1-200 GBP makes them a bargain.

Re: Yamaha FG-340 Info

you lucky bastard! i can't beleive you got that guitar for free. i dont know how much it's worth but my buds got the fg-340 (2) and its a peice of art. old guitars are better anyway. theyve been "broken in" with music. they usually have better wood (giving them a better sound), and better craftmenship. besides, the new ones are just a peice of plastic coming out of a factory. the older ones have more soul and heart.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.