Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics KEEP MY MARSHALL JCM 800 2205? OR GET A VALVESTATE?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I currently have a Marshall JCM 800 2205 50 WT head. My friend wants to sell me his Valvestate for 00. I hear a lot of good shit about this amp (jcm 800). Should I keep it and have it modified, or should I sell it and get the Valvestate? Please email if possible. [email protected]

thx, A

Related Article:
    Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker Amp

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hello, why would you even think of getting rid of a Marshall JCM 800 2205, countless musicians from the 80’s and 90’s and even today still use this model amp the JCM 2205 I know Iron Maiden’s line up Adrian Smith, Dave Murray favored this model, even Micheal Schenker used it. I don’t think a Marshall JCM 800 series any of the models should be compared to a Marshall Valvestate the Valvestate are not in the same League their a waste of money, more for a beginner. If the JCM 800 is working ok, and you like the tone Id keep it.

Anonymous

: I currently have a Marshall JCM 800 2205 50 WT head. My friend wants to sell me his Valvestate for $400. I hear a lot of good shit about this amp (jcm 800). Should I keep it and have it modified, or should I sell it and get the Valvestate? Please email if possible. [email protected] : thx, A

Anonymous

JCM 800 amps are amazing. I have just got one (2203 reissue) and it sounds amazing. Yes, keep it. Valvestate amps are horrible, my friend has an AVT something and its shit. There is lots of noise, distortion is overly harsh, and the affects aren’t very well done. It sounds horrible. Keep your 800 if you want to play in a band etc, and depending on what you play just modify your set up. Ie, if you play metal, just put in a boss distortion pedal etc. KEEP THE 800!

Anonymous

: I currently have a Marshall JCM 800 2205 50 WT head. My friend wants to sell me his Valvestate for $400. I hear a lot of good shit about this amp (jcm 800). Should I keep it and have it modified, or should I sell it and get the Valvestate? Please email if possible. [email protected] : thx, A

Anonymous

: : I currently have a Marshall JCM 800 2205 50 WT head. My friend wants to sell me his Valvestate for $400. I hear a lot of good shit about this amp (jcm 800). Should I keep it and have it modified, or should I sell it and get the Valvestate? Please email if possible. [email protected] : : thx, A I looked at the Valvestate but bought a Marshall DFX. I liked the sound better and there’s no worries about broken tubes. Try them both, side by side, then see if the tubes are worth the bother.

Anonymous

: : : I currently have a Marshall JCM 800 2205 50 WT head. My friend wants to sell me his Valvestate for $400. I hear a lot of good shit about this amp (jcm 800). Should I keep it and have it modified, or should I sell it and get the Valvestate? Please email if possible. [email protected] : : : thx, A : I looked at the Valvestate but bought a Marshall DFX. I liked the sound better and there’s no worries about broken tubes. Try them both, side by side, then see if the tubes are worth the bother. Stick with the JCM 800, or better still get 2 JCM 800’s and put ’em together!

Anonymous

: : : : I currently have a Marshall JCM 800 2205 50 WT head. My friend wants to sell me his Valvestate for $400. I hear a lot of good shit about this amp (jcm 800). Should I keep it and have it modified, or should I sell it and get the Valvestate? Please email if possible. [email protected] : : : : thx, A : : I looked at the Valvestate but bought a Marshall DFX. I liked the sound better and there’s no worries about broken tubes. Try them both, side by side, then see if the tubes are worth the bother. : : Stick with the JCM 800, or better still get 2 JCM 800’s and put ’em together! If you want to do that I have a JCM 800 full stack for sale. Email me if interested.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.