Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics MARSHALL ARTISTE 1974

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 20 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

i’ve got a marshall artiste 2×12 50w combo made in 1974 (serial number 5454F). i was just wondering if anyone out there could give me any information on it and an approximate value? that’d be a massive help!
    thanks a lot
    jon

Related Gear:
    Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

mike palombo, i’ve had it valued at £2100 (UK Pound Sterling), i know it seems a lot but it’s got loads of rare shit on it! post another message on here if ur interested (i’ll pay postage for you), thanks : jon

Anonymous

1974 (serial number 5454F). : jon just found this. Do you still have? please advise Y/N & price if want to sell Reverb a + !! Thank you

Anonymous

mike palombo, i had it valued at £2100

Anonymous

: mike palombo, i had it valued at £2100 wow.. that’s a lot! Some consider this amp to be crap, citing Jim Marshall’s alleged dismissiveness and disappointment with this model. I heard and played one briefly last weekend and think it has great potential. I’ll be paying about £600 for it.. It’s a hand-made vintage amp, surely worth more than £350 but.. I’m not sure about £2100 haha So is £600 a good deal then? I usually have a harder rock style (Hendrix, Led Zepp etc), bit of a risk getting this but I’m also a blueser.. and it sounded so good, dirtier than the posts online led me to believe! Was using the shops ’91 Les Paul Std, I’ve got a ’96 LP Classic at home.. Any top tips for getting a good rock tone out of this combo, or will I just need to plug in and play? 🙂 Cheers, G.

Anonymous

Just an update to say I purchased it, it’s a ’73 model and it sounds great. To me it’s worth £600 🙂 Still in a period of grace testing it with various OD pedals, the store owner is a top bloke. I’m 99% sure it’s a keeper.

Anonymous

Hi, i have a marshall artiste head and i bought it for 300 quid, the combos are worth about 350 or so. hope that info was of some use to you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.