Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics pickups. neck? middle? bridge?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

heya just wondering what is the difference between a bridge pickup and a neck pickup. i want a single coil sized humbucker in bridge position for a strat. ie i was looking at a seymour duncun little 59 neck pick up on ebay. can a neck pickup be used in the bridge position. what is the difference? thanks alot

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: heya just wondering what is the difference between a bridge pickup and a neck pickup. i want a single coil sized humbucker in bridge position for a strat. ie i was looking at a seymour duncun little 59 neck pick up on ebay. can a neck pickup be used in the bridge position. what is the difference? thanks alot normally you find a lower impedance pickup in the neck area, and a higher impedance pickup in the bridge position, caused by less amplitude of the string at its end(bridge-end)and a maximum amplitude at the 12th fret (string not pressed down at any fret)so the bridge-position pickup has to compensate the lower energie of the moving string.thats physically the rest is what you want to hear and what sound you’re after.just check it out and try several, thats the best.a stronger pickup has less upper highs, but more mid highs.warning if you start doing this be sure it will not be the last time you do (my personal experience) marcus

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.