Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Palmer handcrafted guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi really want to know a little bit more about the brand Plamer (made in korea) Is it a good brand, can anybody recommend a good site with info about plamer.

I bought myself a palmer guitar with mic in Bali couple a weeks ago, and i cant find a singel site on the net about this brand, and no prices either.

Pleas help me!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I see that this is an old thread, but just had to remark. My Dad, Bobby Drawdy (deceased 1997)was a professional player all of his adult life, in fact played lead guitar for Ferlin Husky for many years and I had the pleasure of meeting “Mr. Ferlin” also. But anyway to the point, my Dad had either bought an acoustic flattop guitar from Mr. Palmer or had it given to him one or the other I’m not sure. I remember lusting over that guitar for it’s looks and it’s playability and it’s sound! It had my Dad’s name inlaid the entire length of the neck, so there’s no mistaking this guitar! My brother Tommy had possession of it the last I knew, and I know that none of us would part with Dad’s guitar for any amount of money.

Anonymous

Just found this thread. We got a mini Palmer for our 8 year old. From Lake Wales 1986. Not sure how to post a picture but small acoustic.

Anonymous

I also Have a 1986 palmer guitar that plays really nice. Im wondering if it is the same one you have. And if so have you found out any new info over the last 8 years? If so Email me [email protected]

Anonymous

I have a Palmer Les Paul copy. Ive been searching the web for info about the manufacturer for years without any decent result. I’ve been told it was made in Korea, and is a very rare instrument. It has great action and tone. I don’t know any other guitar that sounds/plays better except maybe PARKER $$$.

Anonymous

Palmer guitars are distributed by tropicalmusic.com

Anonymous

: Hi really want to know a little bit more about the brand Plamer (made in korea) Is it a good brand, can anybody recommend a good site with info about plamer. : I bought myself a palmer guitar with mic in Bali couple a weeks ago, and i cant find a singel site on the net about this brand, and no prices either. : Pleas help me!! I have a Palmer Acoustic model p40lh (left handed) that I bought in Tulsa Oklahoma in 1993. It doesn’t appear that they’re made anymore. It has a decent sound, and about average materials and workmanship. I paid $150 for this instrument, and it still plays well, comparable to an Epiphone I just picked up that lists for more than twice that price.

Anonymous

: Hi really want to know a little bit more about the brand Plamer (made in korea) Is it a good brand, can anybody recommend a good site with info about plamer. Well, i wish i could add to your search but i just bought a palmer model, p41ne elect/acoustic. when I got it, it looked like it had been sitting in an attic for twenty years. I spent the best part of a day restoring it. It is a fantastic guitar. excellent sound, real bone and quality materials comparable to my vintage Takamine, the pickups are in the neck with staggard bridge. This must be a very old guitar there is an eagle holding a guitar neck. I also would also like to know more about it. : I bought myself a palmer guitar with mic in Bali couple a weeks ago, and i cant find a singel site on the net about this brand, and no prices either. : Pleas help me!!

Anonymous

Hello.. I just bought a handmade guitar from James B. Palmer in Lake Wales, Fl. It was made in 1986. I cannot find anything about this maker either.. if its the same one. I’ve been playing guitar for 24 years and this thing plays beautifully. A little banged up.. I paid $300 at an antique shop. I just started researching this guitar tonight. Please drop me an email if anyone finds anything.

Anonymous

Don’t know how I got here but just stumbled across your post concerning Jim Palmer of Lake Wales, Fla.
          Jim and I were very good friends for a number of years..
          If you would like more info on your guitar, send me an email at [email protected]
          Regards
          Richard

Anonymous

I have 2 guitars he made. One is a guitar he made for Ferlin Huskey the other he made special for me
            And gave it to me as a gift. I am looking for a guitar that he made that had a lot of inlay on the neck. I only saw it once
            When he stoped by on his way to Nashville. I wanted to buy it but he said he made for someone but if they dident buy it I could have first refusal ! I am a picker not a collector I would love to find that guitar too pick any idea??
            Thanks for your time!!
            Visit my YouTube site. J C Poff Jaybird boogie

Anonymous

I have a handmade acoustic guitar made by Jim Palmer. I knew him for a short time back in 1992 & 93. He was in his seventies at the time. I am in Pennsylvania (Pocono Mountains) and he lived here (was originally from here I believe) but he had lived in Florida for a time before this. He made some nice guitars. My wife purchased it from him as a surprise for me for Christmas. From what I remember, he had different hobbies throughout his life, instrument making being one of those. I remember he had dulcimers that he made also. I can’t remember if he made other instruments. When I would go to his house he always had like 5 or 6 guitars there and I would eye them and wish I could buy them all. He enjoyed my picking and asked me to do several sing-a-longs at his house with small gatherings of friends. He was an interesting old guy. His mother was a fairly well known artist by the name of Edna Palmer Engelhardt. Here’s a link to her obituary (which mentions him). http://articles.mcall.com/1991-09-09/news/2809526_1_art-teacher-east-coast-paintings .As a matter of fact I think I remember now that he came back to Pennsylvania because his mother had died and he inherited her estate. I’m certain that he’s dead now because like I said he was already old back then. I just stumbled across your post and don’t even remember how I got here. I was looking at karaoke equipment on amazon and somehow I got here. Anyway, I hope this helps. Andy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.