Anonymous

I would appreciate any information on a V. Tatay guitar
    with a label that says
    Guitarras Espanolas ,New york Est.1861

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Here on Long Island we had a Tatay and Sons… Everyone used to say they were the ones you want to take your ax’s if you needed repair and if you wanted to order one custom or off the rack.
      Is this the same company?

Anonymous

I too own a Tatay purchased at the Spanish music Center in NYC in 1965. The gentleman who waited on me said that they were still made in Spain by his brother-in law. Although well-cared for, mine has seen little usage thru the years. My desire to play it again has been re-kindled and so I hoped to learn if Tatays were still being imported in the US and…if they offered repair/reconditioning services. The action and bridge on mine may need a bit of attention. Best wishes to all!

Anonymous

I have a model that was made in oct 1961 – its in extra rough shape.. a few cracks and some inlays coming out.. but it still plays…. and I found this link; http://www.zavaletas-guitarras.com/static/product/index.cfm?action=view&ProductCode=u-1955VTatayCL

Anonymous

I have a V. Tatay, New York spruce/mahogany, student model. hand stamp dated Apr 1958. It is my favorite guitar.

I also recently acquired a Vicente Tatay Tomas, Cedar/Rosewood. It is a beautiful sounding instrument. The neck is a bit large for my hand and a very cool headstock. unclear of the year of manufacture so far. The only hand written info is an “R” on the cross brace below the sound hole.

Anonymous

For many years Vicente Tatay’s guitars were sold through the Spanish Music Center in New York City, which is where I bought mine in the early ’60’s. At that time he was making both classical and flamenco styles, ranging in price from about $89 – $450.

Anonymous

Hi I recently bought a guitar with the same label and am trying myself to learn more about it. Have you uncovered anything interesting?

Anonymous

: Hi I recently bought a guitar with the same label and am trying myself to learn more about it. Have you uncovered anything interesting? I’ve also got a Guitarras Espanolas guitar, has a 1919 date on it (about right, it was my grandfather’s guitar, brought to the US from South Africa). It is the Cid Campeador model. Factory says established in 1864 in Valencia (Spain I assume). Anyone got any more info?

Anonymous

I have a Tatay guitar. It says Vicente Tatay Tomas, in the middle of the label VITATO. It is made of African mahagony, and spruce: solid body not laminated. Bridge is separated a little but is very straight needs fret work also. It is for sale. If some body knows average value please let me know. thanks. Othon

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.