tatay guitar

Posted by Stan on Sat, 03/06/04 - 21:13:12.
Advertisement

I would appreciate any information on a V. Tatay guitar
with a label that says
Guitarras Espanolas ,New york Est.1861

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: tatay guitar

Hi I recently bought a guitar with the same label and am trying myself to learn more about it. Have you uncovered anything interesting?

: Hi I recently bought a guitar with the same label and am trying myself to learn more about it. Have you uncovered anything interesting?

I've also got a Guitarras Espanolas guitar, has a 1919 date on it (about right, it was my grandfather's guitar, brought to the US from South Africa). It is the Cid Campeador model. Factory says established in 1864 in Valencia (Spain I assume). Anyone got any more info?

I have a Tatay guitar. It says Vicente Tatay Tomas, in the middle of the label VITATO.
It is made of African mahagony, and spruce: solid body not laminated. Bridge is separated a little but is very straight needs fret work also. It is for sale. If some body knows average value please let me know. thanks.
Othon

Tatay guitar

For many years Vicente Tatay's guitars were sold through the Spanish Music Center in New York City, which is where I bought mine in the early '60's. At that time he was making both classical and flamenco styles, ranging in price from about $89 - $450.

Tatay Guitars

I have a V. Tatay, New York spruce/mahogany, student model. hand stamp dated Apr 1958. It is my favorite guitar.

I also recently acquired a Vicente Tatay Tomas, Cedar/Rosewood. It is a beautiful sounding instrument. The neck is a bit large for my hand and a very cool headstock. unclear of the year of manufacture so far. The only hand written info is an "R" on the cross brace below the sound hole.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.