Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics help identifying vintage Framus guitar?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’ve got an old Framus guitar (it has no other labels except for the brand) that a friend of a friend picked up at a thrift store. It has the body style of a Fender Jaguar and it also has a built-in whammy bar and 3 pickups. The serial number is #16287-710. I’ve looked online for this but there seem to be no records. I’d like to find out what year this guitar is from. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I volunteer at a thrift store and recently we received an acoustic framus guitar. I think the model number says 5/19E and the serial number is 47180.

Could you tell me anything about this?

Thanks!

Shara

Anonymous

I think we have the same guitar… I got it since 1987 circa and I don’t know nothing about it. My one has got a 5 position pick-up selector (0, 1, 2, 3, 1+3), a tone selector (B-, T+B+, T+B-, T-) and a volume control. It is very thin and light. I don’t knowwhat model it is and in whidh year it was build…

Anonymous

: I’ve got an old Framus guitar (it has no other labels except for the brand) that a friend of a friend picked up at a thrift store. It has the body style of a Fender Jaguar and it also has a built-in whammy bar and 3 pickups. The serial number is #16287-710. I’ve looked online for this but there seem to be no records. I’d like to find out what year this guitar is from. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

Question: Do you still have the Framus (Television ’64?) you asked about?

Anonymous

Hi, found your post when searching for information about old Framii. Jaguar-style sounds like Framus Television. Built ’round 1964

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.