help identifying vintage Framus guitar?

Posted by Elsa on Tue, 06/01/04 - 13:59:47.

I've got an old Framus guitar (it has no other labels except for the brand) that a friend of a friend picked up at a thrift store. It has the body style of a Fender Jaguar and it also has a built-in whammy bar and 3 pickups. The serial number is #16287-710. I've looked online for this but there seem to be no records. I'd like to find out what year this guitar is from. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: help identifying vintage Framus guitar?

Hi,
found your post when searching for information about old Framii.
Jaguar-style sounds like Framus Television. Built 'round 1964

: I've got an old Framus guitar (it has no other labels except for the brand) that a friend of a friend picked up at a thrift store. It has the body style of a Fender Jaguar and it also has a built-in whammy bar and 3 pickups. The serial number is #16287-710. I've looked online for this but there seem to be no records. I'd like to find out what year this guitar is from. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Question: Do you still have the Framus (Television '64?) you asked about?

I think we have the same guitar...
I got it since 1987 circa and I don't know nothing about it. My one has got a 5 position pick-up selector (0, 1, 2, 3, 1+3), a tone selector (B-, T+B+, T+B-, T-) and a volume control. It is very thin and light. I don't knowwhat model it is and in whidh year it was build...

Framus Model

I volunteer at a thrift store and recently we received an acoustic framus guitar. I think the model number says 5/19E and the serial number is 47180.

Could you tell me anything about this?

Thanks!

Shara

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.