Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics can someone help ID a guitar I just bought ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just bought a guitar at a yard sale. It looks like an Gibson SG and although I am not an expert I am certain it isn’t. It is very very light weight in the first place. There is no ID on the headstock, and it has a sticker label on the back that says Made In Japan. On the back plate there is the following information: SG 430 – 2T NO.LT 037 or 057 ( not sure ) Thanks to all for any info in advance

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Good luck… In the 70’s and 80’s there were many companies copying Gibson out of Japan. Your guitar is worth around $250 on Ebay if it’s in good shape…. I know you didn’t pay that for it so go and make a few $$$ good luck… : I just bought a guitar at a yard sale. It looks like an Gibson SG and although I am not an expert I am certain it isn’t. It is very very light weight in the first place. There is no ID on the headstock, and it has a sticker label on the back that says Made In Japan. On the back plate there is the following information: SG 430 – 2T NO.LT 037 or 057 ( not sure ) Thanks to all for any info in advance

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.