Korean Guitars

Posted by KevinP on Wed, 12/27/00 - 07:55:58.
Advertisement

Hi all. I'm a US expat living in Korea. There's an acoustic 12-string that I've got my eye on. It looks good and has a nice sound. The problem is the price. It's only about 130 US dollars. That's so cheap that I'm rather supicious. It has a serial number, so if there's someplace I can cross-check it, I can do so. (Does anyone know of such a place online?) Also, each of the twelve tuning pegs has the Fender "F" on them, which suggests it's legit. It's just that all other 12-strings here are between $600 and $1,000. Can you blame me for being suspicious?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Korean Guitars

No, I can't blame you for being suspicious. I certainly would be. I am not aware of a site that you can use to cross-check the SN. But, I would go with my gut instinct on this one. Those tuners might be Fender aftermarket tuners and might have nothing to do with the maker of the guitar. Check to see if there is a label or something in the soundhole. You might find something that will tip you off as to who the maker is. I hope this helps!! Good luck.

Well actually, Fender does make affordable acoustics. They're not top-of-the-line guitars
like some of their electrics, but they're decent. If guitars are your profession, you might want
something a bit better, but if they're your hobby, I'd definately recommend one.

Obviously it's not real. It will be crap. The real ones are crap anyway

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.