Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics HOHNER PROFESSIONAL ST SPECIAL S Strat Copy

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

This seems to be a quality strat copy guitar – a Hohner I know- but a nice sound. Anyone know anything about them?
    What is optimum height(distance from the strings) for each of the three single coil pick ups? Any bias needed toward top string/ bottom string sides? I raised the PU’s quite high but now get a rattly sound. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have an sea foam green st59 professional Hohner guitar can someone tell me the year it is where was it made?

Anonymous

: This seems to be a quality strat copy guitar – a Hohner I know- but a nice sound. Anyone know anything about them? : What is optimum height(distance from the strings) for each of the three single coil pick ups? Any bias needed toward top string/ bottom string sides? I raised the PU’s quite high but now get a rattly sound. Thanks for your help. Fred: When you raise the pickups too much, you get all kinds of weird overtones due to the strength of the magnets and coils pulling on the strings. Might even throw off the intonation. Not a good idea. Best to have them on the low side, especially at the 5th and 6th strings. So what if you have to turn the amp up a bit more? Let your ears be your guide or visit Fender’s site (www.Fender.com) and get the specs re. pickup height from there. The Hohner ST59 is an excellent guitar with its solid rock maple body and quality hardware. Better than a lot of stuff put out under the Fender name over the last few years. Andre.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.