Takamine 12-String Model F400 How Old

Posted by jimothy on Wed, 06/23/04 - 17:56:05.

I have a Takamine F400 & I am trying to determine the age. The serial number is 81121104. My guess is 1981. It also has a pickup under the bridge that out puts through the end pin. I think it is a Shadow Transducer. It is designed exactly like a Martin.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Takamine 12-String Model F400 How Old

Yes its a 1981, 1st number and 4th or 5th number in the serial number, i forget but i do believe you go by the 1st and 5th numbers. Trevor

: I have a Takamine F400 & I am trying to determine the age. The serial number is 81121104. My guess is 1981. It also has a pickup under the bridge that out puts through the end pin. I think it is a Shadow Transducer. It is designed exactly like a Martin.

Re: Takamine 12-String Model F400 How Old

Hi. I've got a similar guitar with the serial number suggesting it would be a 1980. Mines a six string though, and I'm trying to find out the value. The model number appears to be EF 391-ME. It came with the 4 band EQ and the same under the bridge pickup and end pin. Does anyone know where I can check the value on the web? Thanx.

: Yes its a 1981, 1st number and 4th or 5th number in the serial number, i forget but i do believe you go by the 1st and 5th numbers. Trevor

: : I have a Takamine F400 & I am trying to determine the age. The serial number is 81121104. My guess is 1981. It also has a pickup under the bridge that out puts through the end pin. I think it is a Shadow Transducer. It is designed exactly like a Martin.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.