Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Gibson SG Standard vs Gibson Les Paul Studio

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’ve heard the LP Studio is smaller and lighter then the LP standards and Customs. What about the SG Standard, is it smaller and lighter than the higher priced Gibby SGs?

Related Article:
    The Gibson SG made the Best Metal Guitar List!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

SG standard (mid priced) has: closed pickups, Neck binding Block markers pearloid inlayed ‘gibson’ logo on headstock The SG special (cheapest) has open pickups, no binding dot markers gold ‘gibson’ transfer logo on headstock the custom (most expensive) has lots of binding around the headstock, sometimes you can get 3 pickup versions, fancey colours, bits of gold hardware, cosmeticaly fancier but basicaly the same as the standard. the body size, weight and composition are the same. the pickups are basicaly the same sound, the covers dont make any difference, i prefer the standard because of the binding on the neck, without the binding i can feel all the fret edges under my hand, if you want to know more about the other models, such as faded (rubbish) and gothics then try the gibson website. Lee.

Anonymous

: : SG standard (mid priced) has: : closed pickups, : Neck binding : Block markers : pearloid inlayed ‘gibson’ logo on headstock : The SG special (cheapest) has : open pickups, : no binding : dot markers : gold ‘gibson’ transfer logo on headstock : the custom (most expensive) has lots of binding around the headstock, : sometimes you can get 3 pickup versions, fancey colours, bits of gold hardware, cosmeticaly fancier but basicaly the same as the standard. : the body size, weight and composition are the same. : the pickups are basicaly the same sound, the covers dont make any difference, i prefer the standard because of the binding on the neck, without the binding i can feel all the fret edges under my hand, : if you want to know more about the other models, such as faded (rubbish) and gothics then try the gibson website. : Lee. Sg special has ok open coil pick ups. Sg g400 or standard great sound-alcino v pickups. Custom has alcino 3 HBS. gold hardware. Pickup covers do make a slight difference considering they are wired on. It’s not just some cover you screw on.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.