Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Shiro Guitars

• This topic has 26 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 months ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’ve got a "Shiro" copy of a 375 Gibson semi acoustic that is a really great guitar – does anybody know anything about the Shiro company – I assume they’re Japanese. When were they in business? What copy guitars did they manufacture etc? Any info would be gratefully received

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Looking for info on a Korean made Shiro Dreadnaught acoustic guitar. Model # D15, serial # 020102. Any info. Would be appreciated . Thanks very much.

Anonymous

I currently own 3 acoustic steel string Shiros.
      One SW-20s (a Hummingbird copy)
      One SW-18 (a Martin copy, not sure wich model)
      One SW30JTB (a Gibson J200 copy)
      They all sound GREAT and play very, very well!
      I would love to know how old they are but only one of them has a serial number,
      and even if they all had one I wouldn’t know where or how to find information about them.

Anonymous

Does any one know what era and approx price this model would be worth in excellent condition apart from one string missing . Shiro A452.

Anonymous

2 years ago i purchased an aria guitar at a yard sale by dumb luck it was on a stand i wanted the stand he said no im selling guitar, i asked how much he said 30 i said 25 he said yes, now i thought it was just a wall hanger so i put in a case and pit it in closet, a year later my neighbor walks to my house and says i have this old guiyar in my garage for 10 years you want it acoustic also i said sure another wall hager , i thought this one looks like the one i bought a year ago for 25 bucks now this guitar was a shiro, pulled the other out of closet, looked them both up on the interweb and it was showing me that they were made by same guy shiro arai, i took them both to a well known guitar builder in the area he builds high end guitar for big money, any how, he was shocked when i pulled them outta there cases i had restrung them and they played very well, he played them both, held them for a few days went through both said they are beautiful and then appraised them both ,
      The Shiro had been well played over its years told me because of its construction the guitar should bring in $1000 easy the Aria with a bolt on neck and its construction and he added never in his life has he heard an acoustic guitar that sounded this nice it has a.warm and as thick with the tone it carried and i was a very lucky to find it , he valued this one at $2800 to $3000, i was floored i have 25 in both and his time $135, i had the guitars dated also the Aria is 1972 the Shiro 1974 i wont sell but if i ever do they must go as a pair for sure..
      Thanks for reading

Anonymous

I was given a junk looking classical guitar. Wonky dried out strings, label inside falling apart, rusted over frets, dusty, splatters of house paint on it and St George logo on the head. I knew nothing about it’s value or history. After my restoration I had it professionally appraised. That’s when things changed! It was rated “Awesome” condition, plays and sounds seasoned and sweet.

Anonymous

lol meanwhile i dont nomore own my beloved shiro guitar now i play a “jackson dinky snow White”
      and furtermore I RATHER & MORE PLAY BASS GUITAR instead (halrey benton, blue noname from china (vision), collins masterbass)

greetings
      https://funkyflo.at
      https://facebook.com/funkyflo

Anonymous

I bought my Shiro guitar 30 years ago.
      For the first 10 years it was my main
      Slide guitar till one day i set it up as a
      Normal guitar and I’ve been playing it
      3 nights a week for the past 20 years.
      All i had to do was change the pick ups.

Anonymous

I bought an LP copy around the 80ies, very heavy mahogany wood, well made neck, overall well made appearance.
        They saved big time with the pickups. Those were single coils hidden in a metal shell of humbucker size.
        I cannot remember how they sounded, they fell victim to GAS. I later put in some better ones.
        The LP was never my favourite, but this stems from my love for Strats. However it serves great as a slide guitar.
        I have other Japanese guitars from that time slot and all are well made and eminently usable.
        I recall Jerry Byrd (steel player par excellance): “If you can play, it does not matter how good your instrument is. If you cannot play, it does not matter how good your instrument is.” 8-))

Anonymous

Is any one interested in purchasing an sr5 Shiro? Not sure what it’s worth but I’ve just had it sitting around

Anonymous

My first electric was a Shiro Les Paul copy I got in 1980, so they go pretty far back. I didn’t know enough to say how good of a guitar it was; but it sounded good to me and I loved that little bastard. Then my dad found my bong and he gave that guitar away as punishment. Buy the best guitar you can afford, Shiro or otherwise and aspire to be worthy of it.

Anonymous

I have the Shiro SR-20.
      I got some time in the 80s.
      And I often play some classic tune on it.
      The sound of it is magnificant.

Anonymous

Hey! Would You be able to sell Your Shiro ? Thankful for an answer!

Anonymous

I have a 12 string Shiro in brand new condition. I might be willing to part .
      E-mail me to discus price.
      Where are you located?
      Laura

[email protected]

Anonymous

I had a 12 string Shiro Guitar and was one of the best 12 strings I had. Would there be any chanch to purchase a Shiro these days

Anonymous

Shiro guitars were made by Aria (Arai) out of Japan at the Matsumoku factory. Shiro Arai founded Arai/Aria guitars and the Shiro brand is simply an Arai/Aria guitar with the founders name on it. Great guitars for the price!

Anonymous

http://www.jedistar.com/jedistar_vintage_guitar_dating_s1.htm scroll down to Shiro (alphabetical order) Mine plays beautifully.

Anonymous

Hi! It’s a bit mystery this Shiro. I got my acoustic consert guitar SR 10 with a good luck from one granny about thirteen years ago. I have played many kind of guitars during almost thirty years, but the free and strong sound of this guitar is amazing. Nobody believes, that it doesn’t have even a solid-wood top! I payed 1990 about 100$ for it as a secondhand (maybe half year used), but it’s challenging guitars, which are ten times more expencive. Sepi

Anonymous

i got a shirro les paul copy… i love it . it plays better than bob the nobs crapy low end mexican gibsons…. i know that much for sure… johnny

Anonymous

: I’ve got a "Shiro" copy of a 375 Gibson semi acoustic that is a really great guitar – does anybody know anything about the Shiro company – I assume they’re Japanese. When were they in business? What copy guitars did they manufacture etc? Any info would be gratefully received
      Just because the guitar isn’t all that great doesn’t mean the guy is a shit player that kind of thinking is just idiotic

Anonymous

Shiro guitars are crap. If you have one you must be a crap guitarist who isn’t worthy of a proper guitar

Anonymous

& the award for the most imbecile comment since the existence of the internet goes to … bob the nob! congrats

Anonymous

: Shiro guitars are crap. If you have one you must be a crap guitarist who isn’t worthy of a proper guitar I have a Hsiro Guitar and I am The KIng of Chugga Chugga and the best Funkj Guitarrist from Carinthia! http://www.phonky.net/funkyflo/kingofchuggachugga1.jpg

Anonymous

my Shrio works and sounds great so fuck off bob the nob. but i know nothing about Shiro.

Anonymous

: my Shiro is the bomb you fucking papa’s son . i fuck you hands down with my shiro.

Anonymous

I have a shiro. I bought it for 250.00 dollars. I recorded an album with it and MTV bought the album. If you turn on the TV chances are you will hear my shiro. The guy who said shiro’s suck needs to take a wake up call and realize you can’t hear the brand of guitar on the record….all you hear is the record. take care. joshua

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.