Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Wide Neck Acoustic Steel String Guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Being a "fat fingered fellow" I am interested in locating a mid-price range acoustic six steel string, new or used. Does anyone have recommendations.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: There are several guitar companies who offer 1 3/4" neck, but you’re going to have to look for them. I don’t know what you call mid-range price, but Taylor has a Grand Auditorium with a wide neck, a couple of Washburns have them, and I think Takamine. Ovation doesn’t. Martin, from the factory doesn’t (custom, yes). And almost any independent builder will add a wider neck for little or no extra cost. Other than that, get a copy of the Blue Book of Acoustic Guitars and go blind looking at the specs for all the guitars therein. This will also give prices for new and used so you’ll have an idea of what to spend. It’s also a just plain old neat book to peruse whenever.

Anonymous

I have played some Gibson & Guild acoustics that seem to have a little wider neck. Price range 00 -600 or so. Check out your local store.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.