Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics How do I get that “crazy train” sound?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’ve been listening to the great song, "Crazy Train" lately and I’m wondering what effects you think that they use on this song. I’d really like to sound "similar" to the recording.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Remember also that Randy often triple-tracked solos and the sound he got was 3 perfect passes with some eq changes. You may not be able to get it exactly with effects. The others guys were right on with the gear choices. To simulate that sound you may want to use a touch of chorus or a tad of slap echo to fatten up the tone.

Anonymous

: Remember also that Randy often triple-tracked solos and the sound he got was 3 perfect passes with some eq changes. You may not be able to get it exactly with effects. The others guys were right on with the gear choices. To simulate that sound you may want to use a touch of chorus or a tad of slap echo to fatten up the tone.

Anonymous

Rand6y used a Les Paul through Marshalls and an MXR distortion. Crank up the tone and the distortion and the volume.

: I’ve been listening to the great song, "Crazy Train" lately and I’m wondering what effects you think that they use on this song. I’d really like to sound "similar" to the recording.

Anonymous

you want a good valve amp (a marshall 800& 4x12cab)and i believe randy used an mxr distortion plus pedal. also use the bridge position (with a humbucker) and turn the amp up very loud. i hope i have been of some help

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.