Boss ME-5 battery/ circuit diagram

Posted by GT on Tue, 01/09/01 - 13:53:21.

I want to change the battery in a Boss ME-5 but can't see what type ist is without taking it out. Does anybody have a circuit diagram or do you know what it is ?
I assume I need to change it with the unit switched on to avoid losing the memory ?
GT

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Boss ME-5 battery/ circuit diagram

sorry, I don't have a diagram (diagrams and user manuals seems hard to get for these oldies).

but; my ME-5 took a hard fall to the floor once, which caused the memory backup battery to loosen, all settings where lost. I simply opened the box, measured the battery (small 'coin', flat one) to be 3V, and replaced it with 2x standard AA (R6) batteries in a plastic holder (there's planty of space in there). you don't need rechargable cells, these big ones will last a long time. still works just fine!

and, YES, you must do the battery change with AC power ON to not loose settings. be careful where you lay your hands!

regards,
HansC

Re: Boss ME-5 battery/ circuit diagram

CR1/3N with plastic jacket only (factory)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.