Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Can anyone tell me what Strat I have?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi,

Ive just bought a US fender Stratocaster which I believe was made in 2001 (Serial #Z1032216). I am having a hard time tracking down the exact model and colour? It looks like a sort of orange colour but its not solid orange, it is almost pearloid? The guitar also has ‘Special Edition’ on the back. I know the guitar came out of the Corona factory and Im really pleased with it. I just want to know the exact model and possible value.

cheers,

Dave

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I just got a really nice Email back from Fender. Apparently it was part of a fender special run (FSR) in 2001 and the guitar is in coral pink metallic. But heres the best bit…. they only made 150 of them! I knew this guitar was special as soon as I saw it, now Fender have confirmed that its quite a rare find. I wonder how much its worth?

Anonymous

: I just got a really nice Email back from Fender. Apparently it was part of a fender special run (FSR) in 2001 and the guitar is in coral pink metallic. But heres the best bit…. they only made 150 of them! : I knew this guitar was special as soon as I saw it, now Fender have confirmed that its quite a rare find. : I wonder how much its worth? That’s Terrific! What a find, and I would never have believed – a reply from Fender! Funny thing – I’ve still been writing in here about this, but 2 or 3 messages were "held for moderator’s approval" so it seems kind of redundant at this point, certainly anti-climactic to put it mildly. Strat Man Dwight P.S. Maybe I’ll post a question about one of my 2001 Strats and you can ask them about for me!

Anonymous

I have now put up a webpage at http://www.worlds-beyond.com/fender.htm if you want to take a look. Cheers, Dave

Anonymous

: Hi, : Ive just bought a US fender Stratocaster which I believe was made in 2001 (Serial #Z1032216). I am having a hard time tracking down the exact model and colour? It looks like a sort of orange colour but its not solid orange, it is almost pearloid? The guitar also has ‘Special Edition’ on the back. I know the guitar came out of the Corona factory and Im really pleased with it. I just want to know the exact model and possible value. : cheers, : Dave The colour you describe sounds like amber burst over a fugured maple top. Only you know exactly what you’re looking at. I have not heard of this model. I have both catalogues from Fender for the year 2001, as it was a pivotal year with the intro of the New American Series. No guitar like yours is in it. Sometimes they will refer to a specific Custom Shop issue, to entice buyers, but the words Special Edition are completely different, and unrelated to anything custom, custom team built or individually artisan made. Generally, Fender has no Special Edition model, so that is a clue in itself. That means it is a production run, limited in number, and ordered on request by a retailer with some vision, and of course, clout. Like Sam Ash Music. They did it this year, so why not 2001? If one our colleagues here can assist through personal knowledge… great. Otherwise, I would take it to, or begin correspondence with Sam Ash. The sooner you know, the better. Because mysteries get harder with time, and Fender isn’t going to solve it for you any more than they care about the resale or aftermarket of their instruments. They sell it once, and their job is done. I hope you get your answer. Sounds like a beautiful model. Strat Man Dwight

Anonymous

Thanks for your help, Am I allowed to post a few pictures of my guitar on these boards? It would probably help alot to actually see the guitar. There is a sticker on the back of the guitar with ‘Special Edition by Fender’ on the back of the guitar and I also noticed last night after gigging it for the first time that the first two machine heads (E and A) are slightly taller than the others? Ive never seen this before. All the machineheads have the fender logo on the back. I would describe the finish as almost an orange or salmon pink colour but it is not a solid finish, it seems to have silver underneath giving it the pearl look. Thanks again, Dave

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.