Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Presence

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

What exactly does the "Presence" control do on a guitar amp?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

i think we can say we all agree, its basicaly a tone control that gives tonal boost to the signal. In my ears totaly unusable. Unless of course you own a Hondo 2 guitar.

Anonymous

: i think we can say we all agree, its basicaly a tone control that gives tonal boost to the signal. In my ears totaly unusable. : Unless of course you own a Hondo 2 guitar. That was very good. Thanks to Phil B. too. Glad you like your GT’s so much. Why didn’t they make a Hondo GT? That thing would have been fast! Strat man Dwight.

Anonymous

: What exactly does the "Presence" control do on a guitar amp? Exact definition from Fender Owner’s Manual: "Adjusts the amount of boost in the upper high frequency range. This control occurs in the power amp circuit AFTER all other tone controls. Effects both clean and overdrive modes. Is useful for adding a high end sparkle to the output signal". Fender: don’t sue me because you know I wrote this myself … my way. When people ask verbally, I just say one word "sparkle". And that’s it. Copyright Strat man Dwight

Anonymous

Perfect definition. Personally, I despise the presence knobs on my amps (Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112 and DeVille 410). It is too harsh and brittle for most applications. Anyone else?

Anonymous

: Perfect definition. Personally, I despise the presence knobs on my amps (Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112 and DeVille 410). It is too harsh and brittle for most applications. Anyone else? … me again. Phil, I love your amps, but wonder if the Groove Tubes are a little hot for this? My non-GT’s are okay with presence, but bordering on brittle. Thanks for the compliment & input. Strat man Dwight

Anonymous

I’ve tried a few different brands of tubes but I always go back to the G.T.’s. They seem to sound the best in my amps, they give it a nice character. So, I guess the only option is to continue to despise the Presence knob (ha,ha).

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.