Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Looking for info about Lyle guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’ve got a lyle solid body electric and would like info on the company and value of my guitar. I’ve only found 2 listings on the internet of people who have one, and they’re different from mine. Can anybody give me any info?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a Lyle model numb f515 Crafted for the discriminanting musician made in Korea and has 15 in green printed on tag on inside it’s Abit dirty from setting but I don’t think it ever got played

Anonymous

Anybody have opinion on value of this guitar in good shape?

Anonymous

I have a Lyle electric guitar. Don’t know year. All I have is Model #1220. Its a 4 string and has steel adjustable neck, made in Japan and another number which could be serial #4468651. It red and white and in a black case with gold inside lining. Trying to find out its worth and any other information.

Anonymous

I have a Lyle solid body electric guitar and would like to know the value of the guitar. it has a sun burst paint job.

Anonymous

I have a Lyle 680-L (A Gibson Hummingbird copy). Made in Japan. I have had it since the mid 70’s. My dad gave it to me. It sounds great.

Anonymous

I am also looking for information on the Lyle guitar. I have an acoustic Lyle that my dad bought in 1972. It looks exactly like the Gibson hummingbird. It’s voice is awesome. I have a few different guitars and it sounds better then my Martin or my Gibson. I know it was made in Japan at the same place Epiphone was made, who is owned by Gibson. But that’s it. So any info would be appreciated.

Anonymous

could you help me find some info on lyle nylon string guitars

Anonymous

Jim,

I was browsing the net for Lyle guitar info and came across this post you made in January. I have a Lyle tenor guitar. It appears to be made of mahogony (back, top, and sides). It is a sturdy little guitar. I found it in a closet of an apartment I moved into and really never gave it much thought. If you have found any information regarding these guitars, or know where I could learn more about them, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks, I hope this email is not a bother to you.

Donnie Cornell
      ([email protected])

Anonymous

: I’ve got a lyle solid body electric and would like info on the company and value of my guitar.
      : I’ve only found 2 listings on the internet of people who have one, and they’re different from mine.
      : Can anybody give me any info?

all that I have found so far is that lyle guitars were made by matsumoku company and distributed by L.D. Heater of Oregon from 1969 to around 1980. I bought a lyle acoustic guitar in a pawn shop in the early 80’s for 5, played for about 15yrs. then sold it for 50. It was a nicely made guitar and sounded good. I just bought another one (in a pawn shop) again for only 5. I think it has a solid cedar top and it sounds very impressive, and plays quite nicely. I too, am searching for more info on the illusive lyle guitars, so if you find any more info please contact me.

Anonymous

i have a red four string Lyle electric bass guitar in good condition. are Lyle guitars worth anything?

Anonymous

: We have a Lyle Acustic guitar. Model C-605 modeled for the discriminating musician! Made in Japan. Does anyone have a clue as to what this means. Also, is it worth anything.

Anonymous

lyles were made in the same plant as gibsons in the seventies, in either korea or japan, i can’t remember. No one seems to know anything about these guitars. i have seen a gibson es copy lyle guitar and an "expert" at allexperts.com told me that it was worth anywhere between one to three hundred bucks. If you find out anything else about these guitars, please email me.

Anonymous

I believe the Lyle guitars were made in the Korea Gibson plant. Somewhere in the early to mid 70’s, Lyle went into receivership and changed their name to PAN to somehow protect themselves from creditors. During that time, I purchased a ES335 copy with the PAN name. The neck feels better to me that the real deal. I have redone the fret board and installed Gibson Humbuckers, Sperzel tuners, new bridge and a Bigsby – All gold hardware, but have not done anything with the finish as it is still close to mint. I have 8 other guitars from a Fender Lone Star Strat to a beautiful Guild F47RCE Acoustic/Electric. I also have a Lyle Precision Bass copy, but this is my main performance unit. It gets constant praise from both novice and professional musicians alike. When I explain what it is, most people are shocked. I too would like to know more about what happened to the Lyle/Pan Company – Who knows, maybe they merged all their stuff with Epiphone. After all, Epiphone is a Gibson Company and is about the same quality level as Lyle.

Anonymous

I believe the Lyle guitars were made in the Korea Gibson plant. Somewhere in the early to mid 70’s, Lyle went into receivership and changed their name to PAN to somehow protect themselves from creditors. During that time, I purchased a ES335 copy with the PAN name. The neck feels better to me that the real deal. I have redone the fret board and installed Gibson Humbuckers, Sperzel tuners, new bridge and a Bigsby – All gold hardware, but have not done anything with the finish as it is still close to mint. I have 8 other guitars from a Fender Lone Star Strat to a beautiful Guild F47RCE Acoustic/Electric. I also have a Lyle Precision Bass copy, but this is my main performance unit. It gets constant praise from both novice and professional musicians alike. When I explain what it is, most people are shocked. I too would like to know more about what happened to the Lyle/Pan Company – Who know, maybe they merged all their stuff with Epiphone. After all, Epiphone is a Gibson Company and is about the same quality level as Lyle.

Anonymous

: The only Lyle I ever saw was a nicely made Gibson es 335 copy. It was red with a Bigsby-type vibrato.
      The guy wanted 00 and 00 if I wanted the amp with it. I passed on the guitar, took the amp.(Fender blackface champ)

Anonymous

I’ve got an old Lyle classical guitar. It was my first guitar (at 9 yrs old) and it still has the best tone I’ve ever heard for a low-end guitar. It may not be worth much, but of course, I won’t part with it 🙂 NO idea where/when Lyle’s were made..

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.