Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Leslie 45

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi,

I am a guitar player and would like to experiment with
    a Leslie cabinet. I found a 45 for sale and would like some opinions on using a 45 for this project, as
    opposed to other Leslie cabinets (145, 147, etc.).

Also, could anyone please tell me what to look for when I check out the Leslie? Also, what type of interface hardware would I need to make it work?

Thank you,

Harry Truax

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Hi, : I am a guitar player and would like to experiment with : a Leslie cabinet. I found a 45 for sale and would like some opinions on using a 45 for this project, as : opposed to other Leslie cabinets (145, 147, etc.). : Also, could anyone please tell me what to look for when I check out the Leslie? Also, what type of interface hardware would I need to make it work? : Thank you, : Harry Truax Hi, the Leslie story is far too long & full of myths and confusion to be dealt with here. I was waiting to see any other possible responses. Don’t worry, I will give you 2 specific websites that deal with all the issues. You need a six pin hook up for the amp, and a Leslie (Hammond) 2 pin connector to the horns and crossover. The difference between the 45 and newer models, is that the 45 has a single speed motor. At least I think so? They are very, very cool. Will sound beyond this realm. Wait till you read about their amplitude & frequency modulation (AM & FM) capabilities, tone bending etc. Can’t beat this story, all at http://www.musicplayer.com, for Leslie myths debunked, explained, diagrams, how they work, the whole picture. Then for parts from Hammond-Suzuki, such as your interface & patch cords and questions about them http://www.hammondorganco.com. Happy reading, exploring and have a good spin when you’re all hooked up! Andrew/Dwight Listmayer

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.